Sign in to follow this  
Litos

Arma 2 demo multiplayer

hey guys.

I'm a bit confused by the multiplayer. I came in, tried to talk to people, but either everyone was AI or just stupid.

Does anybody know if there are any good servers with people who talk and actually use teamwork and squadwork etc? Because I'm desperate to learn to play with these people, but I hadn't been lucky enough yet.

Thanks...

Yea also had this problem. Although my mic it broken I still try and work with people via text, it never happens.

Why doesnt someone find a decent server, and post it here so we can all get on tonight? It would be appreciated. BTW I did notice at least one pro server that was open to up to 64 players. What is the max uve seen?

I found a good server but for some reason the AI was impossibly hard and we all got DC'ed later.

Damn. Grr, I was hoping to try some real arma multiplayer gameplay.

I've just had a small run in getting the game set to where it plays smoothly, as well as still adjusting some key binds. I gave a quick match a go, I think it was pvp, before I adjusted the video settings so I was playing at something like 20fps constant lol. (I was stupid and turned them up beforehand) I'll give it another go tonight.

You'll have to wait until you get the full version. Most of the hardcore players have been playing it for a while now, you won't find many playing the demo.

The guys I play with have had the full game since the initial release but I was kind of screwed because I made the steam preorder. :). If you get into MP with the demo you better expect to find alot of idiots.

Oh I've been prepared for the idiots In that one match I had, I learned to let them go ahead of me while I followed adjascent to them behind large cover. It works well when the other team are just as dumb lol.

You'll have to wait until you get the full version. Most of the hardcore players have been playing it for a while now, you won't find many playing the demo.

The guys I play with have had the full game since the initial release but I was kind of screwed because I made the steam preorder. :). If you get into MP with the demo you better expect to find alot of idiots.

lol, steam activation is like 22 hours away and the demo comes out! pfft... downloading!

I can't wait to get in on the action with all the bastards who have been playing for weeks.. lucky SOBS!

Any server i try to join that is bigger then 18 players will fail to join me - even if there's a bunch of open spots.

lol, steam activation is like 22 hours away and the demo comes out! pfft... downloading!

I can't wait to get in on the action with all the bastards who have been playing for weeks.. lucky SOBS!

Tell me about it :D. Doesn't unlock until the 30th for me. I'm still pretty happy with the decision though, at least we got to skip the big bugs so there is still an up side.

Tell me about it :D. Doesn't unlock until the 30th for me. I'm still pretty happy with the decision though, at least we got to skip the big bugs so there is still an up side.

why not till the 30th??? location? thats weird, i thought steam was steam lol.

Apparently not, Im in Australia so for some reason we don't get it until the 30th.

3d 21h to go. Right after trhe weekend damnit.

I better prepare myself and find some good servers in advance! 3 days for me!