Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Fatigue and holding breath in ARMA2. Different from America's Army 3?

Does getting tired from running and holding your breath to aim work similar to AA3? So far I've only played the demo. When I run around for quite a while, I don't notice being forced to slow down, but my vision gets a bit blurry for a while when I finally stop running. When I hold down the right mouse button, that only seems to bring my scope/ironsight closer, but is it also supposed to hold my breath for as long as I hold RMB?

If it's the same as ArmA then running won't slow you down but it will screw up your aim for awhile until you've had a chance to rest. IIRC hold breath and zoom are by default the same key, so it should help your aim, but I don't really use it myself (only zoom)

BIS made Sight Zoom and Hold Breath both on right mouse button by default. This is something thatevery player must change immediately before playing. Asphyxiating yourself just to scan your surroundings in a close to 1:1 FOV environment is beyond moronic.

Be aware that there are 3 speeds of travel: Walking, running, and sprinting. Sprinting for more than life-or-death <50m intervals is the mark of a poor player. Running used to be infinitely possible in ArmA1 but it looks like running also takes it's toll after some time (good).

Going from standing directly to prone (and vice versa) also fatigues the player. However going from Standing--> Kneeling--> Prone does not add fatigue.

Edit: Welcome to the boards chespace, sprinting is done by pressing 'W' twice.

Whoa, I never knew that.

I usually double tap shift so that by default I'm walking and I have to hold down Shift to run. Does that make me run or sprint (if I hold down shift)? When I hold down shift to run, I can't fire my weapon at all.

I don't think I ever tried double-pressing W.

In that case che, you are actually only jogging. Switch to 3rd person view and try the two methods. You will see a big difference in fatigue level, movement speed and animation.

Sweet. Can't wait to get back into it tonight.

I'm getting a very annoying CTD bug during the first mission (3rd part) where I have to use the laser designator to bomb a building, and then they tell me to look for a tank.

When I pull out the laser designator and look through the lens, I start losing fps, get weird texture flicker, until eventually CTD. I've reloaded over and over again and still get the same issue in the same spot.

My setup:

Q9550 @ 3.8

8GB DDR2

Powercolor 4870x2

Vista Ultimate x64

Running the game with everything on Very High at 1920 x 1200 for both settings, and using -winxp to enable Crossfire X.

Thanks.

It does slow you down. Keep sprinting and your speed gets slower after a while combined with heavy sway, heavy breathing and concentration problems a la blurry image until resting. Its very well made.

It does slow you down. Keep sprinting and your speed gets slower after a while combined with heavy sway, heavy breathing and concentration problems a la blurry image until resting. Its very well made.

Yeah that blur/fuzzyness while fatigued is nice. At first I thought the HDR was screwing up but then I noticed it going away when I rested. It works really well.