Sign in to follow this  
sate

Demo issues

When i try installing the demo almost at the end of the install progress it says

File copy error (CRC does not match). C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Demo\AddOns\structures.pbo can someone help me plz thx

Probably corrupt download, try downloading again.

I have the exact same error while installing and i have already re-downloaded, changed the install directory, defragmented my hdd ,tried even to install on xp and now i´m out of ideas...Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

i get this message after install and restart. I start the game and this is what it says: The application has failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. twice after dl'ing from two different mirrors.

I got the error message on that file also. Go out to Microsoft and reinstall DirectX SDK from their site and it will work.

you mean directX 10? i have it already...?

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

well, i looked at the link... i have been away on a DET for a short while so im kinda outta the game at the moment... my bad. DL'ing now.

No. You need to download and install the latest version of DirectX 9. I can confirm that this fixes the problem.

How do I find that? and if i already have DX10... What then? Im not exactly computer litterate... ;)

How do I find that? and if i already have DX10... What then? Im not exactly computer litterate... ;)

Does the link in my post above not take you there? :confused:

Download the latest version from the right hand side of the screen. Then the program asks you where you want to extract the files to, I'd just type C:\DX9. When it extracts, go to that folder in My Computer, and then look for the file called "DXsetup". Run it, and you should be good to go.