Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Ambient Civilians - Overload

I've noticed there is no 'de-spawn' of civilians with the ambient civilians module.

A recording after flying over every town on Chernarus was a 20FPS drop and 600 units later.

Imagine this lag stacking up on a dedicated server, and also with Ambient Civilian Vehicles turned on also.

Aside from our own custom de-spawners (simple enough), why is this allowed to do so in the first place.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you need to place a garbage module on the map.

Civilians are not deleted because of they would lost all conversation, respect and damage stauses.

However, they're AI and models are disabled once player get far enough.

Another thing regarding the civilians, half of them seem to get stuck in the doors, unable to move. Any way to fix this?

Civilians are not deleted because of they would lost all conversation, respect and damage stauses.

However, they're AI and models are disabled once player get far enough.

Ok, so this is the use of the deleteCollection command, but does this stop all multi-player traffic of these units?

Another thing regarding the civilians, half of them seem to get stuck in the doors, unable to move. Any way to fix this?

Yes it seems that if a door has steps leading up to it then the civs often spawn stuck in the steps. I also found a dead hooker lying with her feet on the step and the rest of her body sticking out into the air level with the step her feet were on. I assume there was a problem when she was spawning and she was killed in the process as there was no one else around that was armed. This was in editor and I was the only soldier on the map.

Yes it seems that if a door has steps leading up to it then the civs often spawn stuck in the steps. I also found a dead hooker lying with her feet on the step and the rest of her body sticking out into the air level with the step her feet were on. I assume there was a problem when she was spawning and she was killed in the process as there was no one else around that was armed. This was in editor and I was the only soldier on the map.

The "MURDER-module"? ;)