Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

ALL Arma 2 Servers Hacked?

Gents, this is really a follow up from the thread posted by Wobbly, I think it kind of sums up the way I feel at the moment.

Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75811

Anyway, I am also in the forces and I have been away all day and I have only just got back home. I go onto my clans website and I see a post from a very reputable member of the clan that all the major unlocked servers in Arma 2 have been hacked in some way or form. For example, people flying through the air for no reason and dying, buildings blowing up, immune ai etc, etc, etc.

There has got to be a way for this to be countered. To BIS, is there no way we can combat these hackers? Is there some sort of coding, server key or something that can be produced to stop hackers even entering the server?

Now, people are going to say, join a different clan, close your server etc. My clan have private servers for members but we also have public servers that the founder pays for out of his own pocket. He does this for the love of the game and a distant second is so that the clan grows in membership.

We do not want to password each server and / or close the servers to the public. These hackers are killing the game experience for everyone else and something has got to be done otherwise you will see less and less servers available to the public. They will all be private and closed servers.

Hi dale0404

Been Playing ArmA 2 MP since Friday; I have not experienced these issues on any of the servers I have played on. Not one.

Is your public server running signature check? Is it the Silent Warriors server that has been hacked?

Kind Regards walker

+1

Got my copy today from amazon UK, first 3 servers i went were hacked, including a nice message on screen about "hacked by ...". Great.

Everybody was locked in the dancing animation, or suddenly 2km up in the air, or suddenly wounded and not able to walk.

Can you imagine microsoft saying: "sorry, we dont care about security, it's the hackers resposability not to hack, not ours. Good luck using our products as internet servers."

Get a punkbuster license, or whatever anti-cheat product WORKS.

Hi dale0404

Been Playing ArmA 2 MP since Friday; I have not experienced these issues on any of the servers I have played on. Not one.

Is your public server running signature check? Is it the Silent Warriors server that has been hacked?

Kind Regards walker

Please tell me what servers you are playing on because 90% of the ones Ive played on have loads of people back in the MOB team killing each other and shooting Heles out of the sky as they lift off.

As for the hacking. Last night I was on a Frech server and suddenly all our characters started doing a crazy dance and up on the screen came "You have been hacked by the Dutch Blah Blah. Have it you French mofo's" Although it was absolutely hilarious when my fire team jumped up out of cover and all started doing a dance it does raise an eyebrow as to the securty of the software.

Gents, this is really a follow up from the thread posted by Wobbly, I think it kind of sums up the way I feel at the moment.

Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75811

Anyway, I am also in the forces and I have been away all day and I have only just got back home. I go onto my clans website and I see a post from a very reputable member of the clan that all the major unlocked servers in Arma 2 have been hacked in some way or form. For example, people flying through the air for no reason and dying, buildings blowing up, immune ai etc, etc, etc.

There has got to be a way for this to be countered. To BIS, is there no way we can combat these hackers? Is there some sort of coding, server key or something that can be produced to stop hackers even entering the server?

Now, people are going to say, join a different clan, close your server etc. My clan have private servers for members but we also have public servers that the founder pays for out of his own pocket. He does this for the love of the game and a distant second is so that the clan grows in membership.

We do not want to password each server and / or close the servers to the public. These hackers are killing the game experience for everyone else and something has got to be done otherwise you will see less and less servers available to the public. They will all be private and closed servers.

equalmodrequired=1

Yeah mate I was expecting someone to put that but we want our public server to be.... public!

Hi dale0404

Run signature check as Dwarden Said. And like all the other servers I play on Silent Warriors will not have the hacker problems they are having. BIS have given you the tool if your server admin is not using it that is your problem.

All it is doing is making sure you are not running hacked pbo's.

In reply to wobbly: Try Kelly's heroes or Suicide Squad. Tactical Gamer should be up soon Zeus is currently running locked until the upgrade of their server. There are lots of others just wonder round until you find one that is secure.

Check the squads and fanpages for the better clans, 6th Sense are respected and very formal you have to go through their vetting and checking procedures, ditto Shack Tactical and International Conflict.

Most of the big clan servers should be converted from ArmA I to ArmA II over the next few weeks. They are using their public servers to Log numpties IDs so there is a little bit of enough rope to hang your self on the public servers.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

agree with the above posts. - and "hacked" is a bit strong, id be suprised if they even bothered to change their "hack" code from arma1. Like arma1, many admins dont bother to take the slightest precautions.

edit: also, cut BIS some slack. They've made a game which is very customisable. Being able to do that and avoid hacks is very very difficult. Net result is, public servers are full of idiots, but its alot easier to join a group that arnt idiots and play on your own server, than fight a tide of kids with too much time on their hands and something to prove to their peers.

Edited by sirex

Maybe this might have something to do with it?

Link removed - Links to cheating website.

Edited by Franze
Link removed

Maybe this might have something to do with it?

Hope not, pretty lame.

Edited by Franze
Link removed

That video effects single player only, ArmA 1 current version stops hackers so why has ArmA 2 gone backwards?

because alot of servers havnt enabled checking for signed addons only, because people with german to english mod cant play otherwise.

hopefully, when/if the language alteration becomes official, people can turn that ability on.