Sign in to follow this  
mick_r

Satchel bombs

how do you get to use satchel bombs i go to the target and use the said item but i cant detonate it could someone explain it to me please :)

Welcome!

Is this in the campaign? Then i think there is something you need to do first. I dont have ARMA2 so couldnt tell you. Only know what i read on these boards.

I guess it must be in the campaign since adding a satchel to the ground gives you an option to blow it normally. Wich leads us to the next thing: You posted in the wrong place if this is an Official mission quesstion. ;) Better learn now before mods go bananas on you.

Go check the OFFICIAL MISSION section, and test the SEARCH function.

EDIT: This might be what you want to know?: (found in the correct section in the forum)

You saved the women/docter to the marker? A teammember will tell you that he found the radio, plant satchels and blow it up. To blow it up use the same controls as you used to plant it.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I am having the same problems as the OP.

I equip the satchel charges> a white cross comes up > I press the left mouse button and my guy does an animation like he's laying them > an icon comes up with two arrows that look like this: "><" > I press enter and I stand up. Now... What do I do?

Sometimes it works and gives me a 30 second delay for detonation, cancel detonation, cancel charges, or explode the charge. Other times it doesn't do a damn thing.

It seems like either it's buggy, or I am doing something wrong. What gives?

EDIT: Also note that once I "lay the charges" I can no longer pick the satchel charges up again to retry. It just "disappears" and nothing happens. Very aggravating :(

Edited by PhelanKA7

The satchel charge can be remote detonated up to 300m and/or set for timed detonation in 30 second increments. For units that are config'd "removeMine=true" satchels and mines can be destroyed harmlessly.

1) put the satchel on the groud. 2 ways to do it:

a) press F to select satchel as your weapon and press mouse 1 to put it on the ground

b) scroll mouse wheel and select "place satchel", press middle mouse button to put it down

2) now you can set up a timer if you whant. you stand over the satchel and look at it. scroll mouse wheel and select "set 30sec timer", press middle mouse button to set the timer

3) if you don't whant to use a timer just go away from the satchel. hide somewhere and scroll your mouse wheel and select "detonate satchel"

I equip the satchel charges> a white cross comes up > I press the left mouse button and my guy does an animation like he's laying them > an icon comes up with two arrows that look like this: "><" > I press enter and I stand up. Now... What do I do?

Basicaly what you just did is placing the satchel, which gives you the new actions of setting the timer, detonating it and disarm it. Disarming will be the on the top of that list. By pressing enter to "stand up" as you say, you actually disarmed the satchel. You should not press enter to stand up. You should just walk away.

Basicaly what you just did is placing the satchel, which gives you the new actions of setting the timer, detonating it and disarm it. Disarming will be the on the top of that list. By pressing enter to "stand up" as you say, you actually disarmed the satchel. You should not press enter to stand up. You should just walk away.

That's what it was. Thanks for the help everyone!

1) put the satchel on the groud. 2 ways to do it:

a) press F to select satchel as your weapon and press mouse 1 to put it on the ground

b) scroll mouse wheel and select "place satchel", press middle mouse button to put it down

2) now you can set up a timer if you whant. you stand over the satchel and look at it. scroll mouse wheel and select "set 30sec timer", press middle mouse button to set the timer

3) if you don't whant to use a timer just go away from the satchel. hide somewhere and scroll your mouse wheel and select "detonate satchel"

Thanks for that info.