Sign in to follow this  
sluggCDN

ArmA 2 ver 1.02 and anti-aliasing

Before I log this issue in as a ver 1.02 bug, I'd like to if anyone of you guys had this issue. After patching my German ArmA2 1.01 up to ver.1.02 I found Anti-aliasing option in the graphics setup. But the AA is by default set to "Deactivated" without possibility to change it - there is no arrow to the right of Anti-aliasing selection and no drop down menu available. Ultimately although the setting is there it's impossible to change via the settings interface. Of course I can open the ArmA2.cfg and type the values from 0 thru 4. BUT when the game is started the onscreen in-game rendering shows wierd checkered pattern artifacts in the lower part of the screen. It's like an overlay of semi-transparent checkered pattern on top of the game rendering.

So does anyone has the anti-aliasing present now in the game since it wasn't there in the ver.1.01? Can anyone adjust it and does anyone have similar issue w/ checkered pattern?

I have WinXP64 Pro

Core2duo E6400 2.13ghz

6gig ddr2-800 ram

Diamond Radeon HD 4890 OC 1gig GDDR5 vcard

Catalyst is updated to the latest june 15th release ver 9.6

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!!

actually if u did a bit of reading you'd see that AA isn't implemented yet until later patching! DER DER ER DER

well without being an asshole, I'll tell you the same. However it IS implemented, it's just not fully supported. And if you do enable it, you won't have shadows (which isn't that big of deal imo). Just search the forums