Sign in to follow this  
Pigsooie

AI Choppers How To?

How do You tell the AI choppers to land in a clear spot?I can't zoom the Map in Close enough to see a Clearing.Pilot usually tries to Land in the Forest or on top of a tent or Something.:confused:

Yeah, same. It's damn frustrating. How do people designate a suitable landing spot when you're in the helicopter? Surely the pilot ought to work it out for himself...

I'm fed up of restarting due to AI transport copter crashes.

You can bail out if he's over 10m up iirc, and your chute opens, at least that way you get to the ground in one piece.

Don't know if that helps in your particular situation?

... I have another question along those lines: How do you tell your AI chopper to fly to the place you want to? So far, I've been sitting in that AI helo trying to get to the place where I want to go, but I can't figure out how to tell the AI to take off. I told me team to go to the location on the map that I specify, but the helo won't take off...

Any advise?

... I have another question along those lines: How do you tell your AI chopper to fly to the place you want to? So far, I've been sitting in that AI helo trying to get to the place where I want to go, but I can't figure out how to tell the AI to take off. I told me team to go to the location on the map that I specify, but the helo won't take off...

Any advise?

0 key= communication=Support=Transport then click on map position you want to go to.Then Die as Pilot Crashes into the Trees.

How do You tell the AI choppers to land in a clear spot?I can't zoom the Map in Close enough to see a Clearing.Pilot usually tries to Land in the Forest or on top of a tent or Something.:confused:

Zoom in on the map as much as possible, you normally clearly see where are the forests, roads and fields. Usually I make him land in a field, as far as possible from forests. Also check that the terrain is relatively flat using the elevation curves for reference (a lot of space between 2 lines = flat terrain). Most of the time it's ok.

If you can't zoom on the map, escape the radio commanding menu by hitting backspace.

Edited by Demiun

place an invisible heli H and put your waypoint on it ;)

Call Chuck Norris. He fixes everything.