Sign in to follow this  
Kandrat

ArmA 2 (Cant finish installing)

well i've just bought arma2 today and here i am on the forums looking how to get my game to install rather than playing it..:mad:

im getting the same problems as the people above:

file read errors mostly the G:\arma2\addons\anims.pbo.gz but others have also popped up.

i have try'd to copy the disk to a file then run from the file but i then get another error.

cannot copy building:the wrong diskette is in the drive.insert (voulum serial number:) into drive building.

also i dont have a percific manufacturer of my dvd-rom as it just has (standard cd-rom drives) as a name so any updated drivers are a no go!

i have looked in the right place and the only info i has there is HL-DT-ST DVD +RW GSA-H21N the current drivers i have are (5.1.2600.5512).

i dont have a clue why the game wont install i have disabled my anti-virus and firewalls has anyone fixed this yet?

I to here have the same problem i live in the uk and i got the game from the uk i bought it from game store just 2 hours ago and i have enough space and have the minium requirements for this game but again i still get this error message at the end of the install saying bad serial key any idea's my firewall is turned off . reinstalling currently.

did it work from reinstalling? I havent tryed the demo install and file transfer yet as wasnt on my desktop, and been out and about a lot, dont think il get the time to do it to be honest.... Il try it one with the fire wall of on the harddrive otherwise returning it tomorrow....

Hmmm. So I tried again, took it to the point where it hangs at the 99% done Uninstall.csv and went to bed.

When I got up the thing had installed. So perhaps its just a REALLY long hanging time with certain configs.

Try leaving it overnite and see if thats any help?

J

No can do mate, it pops out a window that freezes the hole install thats the thing... I dono, went back to the shop the guy said they had loads of returns for the game he he, but yeah could get my money back just a new copy AGAIN, a third one that comes up with the same issue.......

Actually! Jon you might be on to something, today thought it give it one more time reinstalling it, cleaned out EVERYTHING to do with arma1 and 2, just emply, nothing i dont need even internet files deleted, turned off my fire wall, moved the files to the hard drive and installed it from there, went off to watch a movie while the install was running came back after, install COMPLETE!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! 3rd disk and over a week later but seems to be finaly done, just to see if will actualy play now!

Edited by Kandrat

Hi guys.

I registered just to join this topic. I've been having the same error!

Install failed twice, in different places. I've tried updating my DVD-R (no newer drivers exist) and cleaned the disk a few times. Every time I copy the DVD to my hard-drive the same chunk of files fail to copy, about 100 of them in total! So installing from hard-drive really isn't an option for me.

I don't really want to go back to the shop, because it wont be a guaranteed fix and it's a long walk in this heat, and I shouldn't have to put up with this in the first place! I'm tempted to just find a torrent of the game and download the files I'm missing, but that would be a definite last resort.

I've contacted BI, but no reply.

Any other suggestions?

Yeah I didnt get a reply either from them... But I honestly think that getting the files of other places wont work as of the protection on them, (same cd key and so forth). Have you tried turning off your firewall? And install from harddrive is a better option, plus its faster to install the game, if its the first copy of the game you have I would return it right away, try with the new one, i was on my third copy before it worked! :) (just went to different shops of the same brand chain)

I got mine working!

My brother's Vista laptop could read the disk, but had no Hard-drive space, so I had to use my Dad's 16Gb USB and directly copy the disk's contents onto the USB, then installed from the USB. Worked no problem. Played it for about 8 hours, just making things explode in Editor. :)

I had an issue with some of the files failing CRC, I also get the same problems with my Crysis disk.

As a previous poster said, some of this may just be conisidence, but what I did/do

make sure any drivers for you drive (I have a SATA drive) are up to date

copy to the hard disk drive, I copied a folder or to at a time not the whole content (but obviosuly make sure you get the structure matching what is on the dvd when you paste them)

install from the copy you move to the hard disk (if you are on vista and installing any software I would always run the setup as admin)

I can't decide if these issues are related to the fact the drive is SATA and there were some issues with sata drives on nvidia chipset motherboards (680i's it think)

Or securecom

Or both

Or the weather

etc. etc.

But I don't think it is specific to Arma2

this may seem simple but can you tell me how to copy the dvd to the hard drive. I did try it but I am not sure if I did it correctly. Still had no joy trying to load the game from the hard drive if I did it correctly!!

Just wanted to chime in and say I have the exact same problem with the UK version. Gonna try installing from Hard drive and see how I get on.

edit: sigh, installing from HDD didnt work. This is pretty damn frustrating. ANy other ideas?

Windows 7, RC1, 64bit btw

edit2: finally got it installed. The file name was case sensitive so renamed the file on my harddrive to the case it was looking for and it worked!

Edited by AngryBadger

Hello everyone. I just bought ARMA2 today and it seems I'm suffering from CRC errors as many have and had in this thread. Here is the problem I am facing:

arma2crcerror.th.jpg

I tried several suggestions from the thread to overcome the obstacles but to no avail:

-Cleaning the DVD several times

-Updating the DVD Driver's firmware

-Copying the files directly from the DVD into the hard disk. But the same file from the linked image, buildings2.pbo is unable to be copied amongst some other files

-Running installation setup file as an administrator

-Disabling firewall before installation

Unfortunately I am unable to try installing the game on another computer to see if it works since I have only one. I'm wondering if anybody could give alternative solutions or insights what the actual underlying problem is? Otherwise I am left with no choice but to return to the store I purchased and attempt to convince the staff that the DVD is faulty, which I prefer not to since its quite far from home.

Cheers.

this may seem simple but can you tell me how to copy the dvd to the hard drive. I did try it but I am not sure if I did it correctly. Still had no joy trying to load the game from the hard drive if I did it correctly!!

All I did was

create a folder somwhere called ArmaDVD

'explore' the dvd so you can see it's contents

copy the 'DirectX' folder from the real DVD to your ArmaDVD folder

repeat for 'Data' folder and the 14 files in the root (not in a folder) of the DVD

now I created a folder within my ArmaDvd folder called Arma2

now from the DVD copied 'Addons' to ArmaDVD\Arma2

repeat for 'dta', then 'Keys', then 'Missions', then 'MPMissions', then the 'Arma2.exe' and 'ijl15.dll'

hi all, like some others have joined this forum because of this thread, after many, many installation attempts i get same or very similar errors, even copied dvd contents to my hard drive and get the same errors. have updated All drivers & dx & windowsXP etc and from dvd or hd STILL get the same errors!!!

has anyone actually mastered it ? cheers.

I had a similar thing with the German DVD but I network installed it from another computer reading from that harddrive. I wasn't surprised when it didn't work as whenever I install windows from DVD it takes 15 minutes to read it, if at all, but I blame LG for my crappy drive.

Best bet is to keep trying and hope for the best or follow what these guys say

-Update your firmware for your optical drive

-Replace Optical Drive with a new model (not a cheap model though)

-Another case where this can happen is if the voltage of the DDR2 Memory is not the proper V Setting on some Nvidia Chipset Motherboards where it is set on Default or Auto.

my copy doesn't come up with an error just stops and doesn't continue the longest i waited was about 1/2 an hour than canceled and started again.

any1 know what i can do as the problem sounds a bit different to the rest?

EDIT: i got it to work by copying all the files to a folder and then installing but with administrator

Edited by happygharry
found out how to make it work

try DVDInfoPro and test your drive. additionally do a media test on your A2 disk to see if its faulty.

hi all, not sure how much this may help any of you still suffering installation problems but got mine sorted by using a different Disc drive.

even tho had absolutely no problems with first one at all with any other discs (cd, dvd, bought or burned). for some unknown reason my main disc drive still refuses to run the game. may be worth a go if anyone is still having problems. cheers.

My drive works perfectly for everything except installing Windows. Anything after XP has hassles (vista, 2008 beta had issues, 7 has issues), it's only from autoboot, so I have to start installations from XP. dvd drives are an odd thing.

So, I guess I better send 505 games a bill for my new dvd-drive then?

There are no model specific req's in the "minimum requirements" and if their shoddy installer doesn't work on some models are they obliged to inform the customer.

Maybe it's time for a class act law suit against thaT sorry excuse for a publisher?

Edited by simulacra

Believe it or not, it's actually not the installer. Some drives (older ones especially) have problems reading certain sectors of a DvD. This usually occurs due to a misalignment of the optics or dust. The effect is odd but most things will work, some things won't. It is a because of the way the data is accessed on the disk but the malfunction is with your drive.

If under warrenty you can return your DvD drive as this is a defect otherwise you can try a disc cleaner/realignment and in many cases it fixes it, but sometimes your drive just doesn't want to be fixed.

Hello people, im new here. I have problem with cheranus_data_layer.pbo

It installed my game with only a half of this file ( 105 mb ). I cannot copy it manualy ( error ). Can someone send me chernaus_data_layer in RAR ? This will fix my game ! Please !

We can't send files as it's against the terms of use, but try reinstall it after copying the files from the DVD

It freeze when coming to this file :/ I forgot about terms... What should i do now ? I was looking for some firmware but i have latest. My opitcal drive struggle and says that its unavalible to read this file :/