Sign in to follow this  
nikodemus

Regarding dead bodies (lovely, eh?)

I had a 1st go on the editor to give a try on night missions with a spec-ops saboteur. Just a simple mission, infiltrate the village, take out the militia in it. While I was busy pumping bullets on those poor souls' heads that made me jump around on my chair like my arse was on fire....a rare thought struck my Jack Sparrow rum-infested brain...

Studying the options you have on dead bodies, I noticed the good ol' 'hide' selection. Now since this was played just after the 'medical aid' training mission, I was wondering why not, instead, have the option of dragging your enemy's cadavers onto some lost bush or into some open shed, instead of just making them disappear??

...or is that too Splinter Cell'ish'??

Next I'll be asking if we could sneak up and grab the enemy, with the option of throwing of 'wisecracks' of our choosing...

Just a thought:)

Yes, i agree, the hide body feature never made sense to me, (sink body into the ground).

It would be better if we could drag corpses though i suspect this feature would be exploited and players would use corpses like ammo/weapon bags..

But.. is there even a point to hide the corpses now? In the previous games the a.i. disregarded dead comrades they werent grouped to so there was no point in hidding the bodies im afraid.

Does battlefield clearance (drag/carry) work with dead bodies? Should it? Could make for some interresting Splinter Cell like stealth missions.

Yes you can drag dead bodies. If they are connected to the injury simulation they will bleed so much though that the performance goes down hard after a while (seems they never stop bleed. Animation runs all the time).

But hiding bodies is as Frederf says and also a good feature to save performance while playing if you dont have a body remove script.

Yep i agree with Heatseeker, the "sinking body into the ground" never made sense to me either.

I would prefer to drag a dead body (like when we can drag around wounded soldiers) instead of hiding it into the ground like we used to do on OFP and ArmA.

Would be more natural and interesting to have this feature working in a more realistic way.

So I am all up to it :)

silent knife and strangle break neck stealth mode i want to see in this.

do not alert the enemy

But you can drag bodies in ARMA2... Why are you saying you prefer you could drag it lol?

You can drag & hide. Those who have systems that can have million bodies lying around can drag and those who cant can hide. Best of both worlds. :) Body remover is best but often not present in missions. I always apply it to my missions. Only set the max number of visible different to match the mission.

EDIT: And as you might know that atm the blood keeps flowing endlessly (i think) and makes the game lag hard after you drag a dead body. Did anyone test this in 1.02 btw?

Alex

Edited by Alex72

a good feature to save performance while playing if you dont have a body remove script.

Garbage collector gamelogic?

I agree,the bodies should not disappear..if we say we want i simulation,it means we want a simulation ! :P The bodies should stay,and we should hide them if we don't want to alert the enemy...

Always wondered since OFP...does AI notice any dead body on the ground ? I've never made any test on that.

I always figured that the body sinking into the ground was meant to simulate covering it up with grass and brush. I hope that story makes sense to some.

Abs

If I recall, AI will notice dead bodies on the ground. I've seen missions where I'll see an AI patrol with weapons slung stumble upon some of their dead comrades and immediately unsling their weapons and start scanning around. Hiding bodies in that case makes sense.