Sign in to follow this  
Hobo Sniper

Mlrs model

U cant link Pictures from geocities like that and they dont exist according to them also.

Can anyone tell me a free hosting system that ALLOWS you to link to the pictures???

my problem with the MLRS and M109 is..

how are you going to get the AI to use them properly and not just act like tanks and such?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 08 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my problem with the MLRS and M109 is..

how are you going to get the AI to use them properly and not just act like tanks and such?<span id='postcolor'>

You don't use them...just like the SCUD, they can be used for aesthetics and cutscenes.

It looks great by the way...needs some finishing touches but largely very impressive.

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 08 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my problem with the MLRS and M109 is..

how are you going to get the AI to use them properly and not just act like tanks and such?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the driver and commander would act as if they were in a truck...

about the gunner,...I really have no idea...

Seems your a bit low on polygones...how many does it have?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ Mar. 09 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems your a bit low on polygones...how many does it have?<span id='postcolor'>

Low on polygons? That's the whole idea...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Boomer00 @ Mar. 09 2002,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ Mar. 09 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems your a bit low on polygones...how many does it have?<span id='postcolor'>

Low on polygons? That's the whole idea...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, exactly, I'm trying to optimize it for REAL gameplay...

Though, this will probably be at a medium LOD level, while I add more details as i go along...

BTW, the main reason BISs models look good is because they have good texture...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Boomer00 @ Mar. 09 2002,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ Mar. 09 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems your a bit low on polygones...how many does it have?<span id='postcolor'>

Low on polygons? That's the whole idea...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, exactly, I'm trying to optimize it for REAL gameplay...

Though, this will probably be at a medium LOD level, while I add more details as i go along...

BTW, the main reason BISs models look good is because they have good texture...

Nice! smile.gif

Wouldn't it be possible to create a gunner's seat, that only shows a few dials: direction and inclination (or range)? That would be good enough for artillery.

AI knows how to handle the M203, and this would basically be just a very big M203, wouldn't it? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hobo Sniper @ Mar. 08 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can anyone tell me a free hosting system that ALLOWS you to link to the pictures???<span id='postcolor'>

Free image dump, no limit to amount stored

There are Scripts which allow tanks to shoot like artillery (indirect fire). I think I've seen them at http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com. The tanks were M-60's and they could shoot at targets 5000 meters away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([DMF-MOD]_Sauron @ Mar. 09 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hobo sniper are u dutch?<span id='postcolor'>

No i'm NOT dutch... biggrin.gif

As for the script, I'll need to check that out...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([DMF-MOD]_Sauron @ Mar. 09 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hobo sniper are u dutch?<span id='postcolor'>

I am. biggrin.gif