Sign in to follow this  
C4SINO

Why the USMC?

Deleted some unnecessary comments.

Too busy sniping arms off imaginary terrorists. ;)

Well your comment is quite unnecessary as well then, seeing as how you delete my post -.-

Staying on topic now - The us are branded as the hero's of the world because they try their best to portray that image which is why not alot of foreigners like the egotistical fruitloops.

tl;dr It would be nice to be able to play as a british marine or some SF force like the SAS, just because the voice acting would be much better done than the microsoft sam american voices which are doing my head in tbh. And it would be funny to here some of the qwerky comments.

totally agree, somehow the OFP plot and the ArmA 2 plot offends me as a Russian. I am a bit disappointed that BIS did not think of the russian gaming community. Alot of russians ive talked to are quite disappointed in the campaign plot. Most russians nowdays do not want to be known as communists or part of it. We are democracy now, not communist. I do agree that the the plot is a bit biased and should of been somewhat different. Like a Joint NATO and Russian Cooperation trying to end a civil war conflict. I mean when i play games where russians are potrayed as bad and your friendly allies say " Die you bloody reds or commies" i really see where this goes. I think we should see more fictional conflicts where every country is somewhat potrayed positively.

How many games now days potray Russia as Negative and Evil?

Didn't you guys recently invade Georgia? :butbut:

Seriously though, it just makes for good game play, when you think of two of the most powerful militaries in the world who do you think of? Then also think of the equipment variety available.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Staying on topic now - The us are branded as the hero's of the world because they try their best to portray that image which is why not alot of foreigners like the egotistical fruitloops.

Yes, that is why everyone is always asking the US for money or police action or food.....Americans are devils if they do something and devils if they don't, so far as the world is concerned.

Didn't you guys recently invade Georgia? :butbut:

Seriously though, it just makes for good game play, when you think of two of the most powerful militaries in the world who do you think of? Then also think of the equipment variety available.

Then it's settled. ArmA 3 will depict Russia as the good guys versus the evil Imperial States of America.

It is plenty obvious. The good and democratic chaps of the USA are always on the lookout for small democracies to defend the rights of. Particularly when that nation has few natural resources of any real value.

I mean. You have gotta protect the American ideal. AROUND the world!

Just like Sri Lanka.

Its a fictional story. In simple+basic form: War broke out because CDF and ChDKZ thought that this is the best way to gain power and rule Chernarus.

USMC is there to help CDF. Russia is there to assist ChDKZ. NAPA are the Nationalist guerillas and they could bring some extra trouble into this scenario. Citizens are non-combatants but can help or deny assistance.

Its a player-driven campaign and the players actions have consequences.

Play the campaign and see how your decisions can change the story.

Why USMC - look at the whole storyline, play the campaign and keep in mind how big the US gaming market is.

The game itself has nothing to do with real politics or conflicts.

So no one has really told me why the USMC, I've been told it's based of the Georgian Incident. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Georgia invaded Ossetia while killing Russian Peacekeepers.

So after this, the Ossetians and the Russians drove back the Georgians and invaded them. Is this right?

If so, I ask again, why the USMC? I've never even heard of these countries until this incident occured.

um... because basically its ALWAYS USMC or some other American unit... no need to go further then that..

would you rather have the french foreign legion then?

cia helped, funded and supplied the taliban in the 80s.

the us helped funded and supplied saddam in the 80s and 90s.

i could go on and on

seems like the rootcause of most problems today is the us interventions :)

Umm the Taliban didn't exist until the mid 90's.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Then it's settled. ArmA 3 will depict Russia as the good guys versus the evil Imperial States of America.

I'd really love to see Arma 3 have you playing as mercenaries in some African bush war in the 70/80's.

Umm the Taliban didn't exist until the mid 90's.

hmmm u are wrong :)

in the 80s the us started to fund the pakistani madrassas through saudi arabia to radicalise muslims to fight russians in afghanistan.

taliban were mujahedin fighting against the russians in the 80s.

bin laden was one of the leaders the cia funded and financed for years.

the name "al quaida" was the list of the enlisted ppl who get funds from cia,however this will get too deep and impossible to note with a few words.

the point is, talibans were funded and established by the us foreign policies in the 80s to fight the russians.

This thread has run it's course.

You can continue to discuss RL politics and wars in the offtopic threads designated for it.