Sign in to follow this  
gord96

Flying difficulty?

How difficult will the flying be in this game? Will you need a joystick for it? I am excited for the realistic ground combat, but so far I havent found much on how "sim" the flying is.

Thanks for any info! :)

How difficult will the flying be in this game? Will you need a joystick for it? I am excited for the realistic ground combat, but so far I havent found much on how "sim" the flying is.

Thanks for any info! :)

You can control the aircrafts with a joystick (and pedals) if you want, but you can use the keyboard, too.

The flight model is quite good, but at best only semirealistic. Helos are a bit more realistic than jets, but the flight model is essentially arcadeish (in a good way, though). Flying is easy to learn, but it takes some time to master it.

thanks for the reply. that sounds great. a good mix! :)

From what I am seeing flying seems to be a lot easier than it was in ArmA1.

Can i use the pedals from a steering wheel together with a joystick? :p

Can i use the pedals from a steering wheel together with a joystick? :p

Yes. You can configure multiple controlers in Arma 2

I find it harder to fly in Arma 1/2 then in black shark in a good funny way.

I think I'm going to end up setting a 360 controller on my lap for me to pick up and use the moment I hope into a plane.

You can use a mouse and keyboard, but a Joystick is better. Aircraft handle pretty well with a joystick.

I find it harder to fly in Arma 1/2 then in black shark in a good funny way.

Hands down yes.

But ArmA II feels more natural to me then Armed Assault did.

The inertia behind it feels less artificial ( it takes a bit more fine control to balance sharp movements and you will have to compensate to a greater degree ) and the throttle reaction does seem more fluent and direct.

Multyble controllers are a great plus ( just got more feeling in the rudder peds ).

It is for sure not a sim, but certaintly has a more sophisitcated feel to it then so called "action sims" like Comanche 4 or even Gunship! - for flight dynamics that is.

Don't expect transitional lift or blade stall of course.

Another thing that caught my attention immidiatly is the new distance terrain rendering wich takes away alot of the "viewing circle around my plane" feel of OFP and Armed Assault.

And Cernarus is of course more interesting geographicaly to the Helo pilot then Sahrani - or in fact any of the OFP islands - ever were.

PS

The Osprey is hell fun.

Looking forward to the first online CSAR :bounce3: .

PPS

Fixed wing kites handle alot better then before to me.

Maybe it's just the new fine control you have over the individual input axis.

How can I use a wireless 360 controller with my pc? :S

I had some logitech controller but I'm not sure if I still have it and if I do I can't remember where it is... Sigh...

i could only hope that the helo controls and sensitivity are similar to the desert combat mod from good ole bf1942, those were definitely the best controls ever. complete manual control, awesome sensitivity. if so then i guess piloting the blackhawk will be one of my main playing styles.