Sign in to follow this  
richbambam

Straight into multiplayer or singleplayer

I received confirmation earlier that my ARMA 2 has been shipped,So Im praying that it arrives tomorrow,I never got round to playing the first Arma (operation flashpoint)So really looking forward to this Although I did enjoy battlefield 2 on PC & still is one of my most favorite games & know this is going to be a total different kettle of fish,question is should I just jump straight into battle on multiplayer (being new to this franchise)or hit singleplayer to familierize myself with the controls

Even in an all multiplayer game I would suggest trying it out on your own server or something, lol. In the case of Arma 2, you have a good singleplayer component... And probably a tutorial. Maybe that's more prudent than jumping head first into MP.

Depends on the 1st MP Mission you do, but it will be... different from what you expect, anyway ;)

Be prepared to love it or hate it. If the later, I'd suggest to insist a bit. It's worth it.

EDIT : Just a warning : it's a slow game. Really slow

id suggest, if you do get angry at how buggy it is, dont be scared to come back to it in 6 months. ArmA games are always a bit of a let down when new. But the excellence is in the editor, and the patches.

There's alot to learn in ArmA: Marksmanship, survival and navigation. Most importantly, since you haven't played OFP/ArmA before, you'll also have to unlearn some of the skills, you bring with you, from other games.

Checking out the controls in the options menu, will overwhelm you in the beginning. Being new to OFP/ArmA you'll benefit from playing a few missions from the singleplayer campaign, to get a general feel for the gameplay, movement and getting used to your rifle. After a few missions, you'll probably have enough basic skills, familiarized yourself with the action menu and inventory/backpack to continue with the campaign, go take the first curious peak in the editor or a courageous attempt at multiplayer.

Your patience will be tested by bugs and difficulty, but don't forget to enjoy the scale of the area, rich enviroment and remember BI games have the most beautifull sunsets.