Sign in to follow this  
R.M.S.

Freeze in Mission Razor 2

i´ve played a while, nice what i saw, no bugs, no problems, but in this mission everytime the whole system freezes. about in the center of the red line on the map, ich can load, go or drive a few meters, then i must safe quick an other time before freeze, tehen restart, load, walk, safe ...

it´s awful ...

system is :

intel core2 quad 4x3.0 GHz

3 GB Ram

GF GTX 285

Realtek audio output

Dx 9.0c

but i don´t think theres a problem with my hardware, i played hours and hours without ANY problem, it´s just in this mission, again an again, and i hav to cross this "line" north or south, everytime the same :(

I've got a similar problem in Razor Two. The game freezes just after I pick up the map case on the bench next to the tent in the castle in Vyshnoye. To get to the castle, I'd gone through all the red x's on the map in order (Marines-Empty camp-Photo camp), then to Vishnoye to chat to the dude there, then up to the farm south of Vishnoye to chat to the bloke there, then on to the castle.

Suspecting the game, I reverted back to the start of the mission, started playing again doing the tasks in a different order. This time I went to the quarry, the Red x enemy camp with the photo's, then down into Staroye, boycotting the castle at Vyshnoye entirely. I got as far as defending the village, and it freezes again halfway through defending the barn. This makes me think it's a trigger problem.

For me at least, this is definitely NOT a hardware problem. I've monitored all the temps on my rig whilst playing and none got close to their limits. All latest drivers and updates obviously installed, including patch 1.02 (need you even ask?!). To make absolutely sure I rolled back my OC to stock speeds and tested, same problem. The game freezes. My computer does not freeze however, I can Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game and use my system normally. No error messages, no memory dumps, no BSODs. The game just freezes.

In summary, it's a problem with the game, not my set up. I've tried to approach the mission from two different angles, every time it freezes in the same spot.

Anyone fixed this or worked it out? Cos it's P*SS*NG ME OFF!!

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Further: at least it's been reported as an official bug (#2840). See here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2840

So I am having the same problem. Between 1 and 5 minutes of game time after entering Staroye and talking with Yuri Olegich, My game freezes. I have waited about 5 minutes and the game does not return to normal. I can alt tab out of the game and end task, but if I load up and try again the same thing happens but at a random time between 1 and 5mins after entering Staroye.

I updated my drivers to the latest and the same problem occurs.

Here is my crash dump files.

http://www.guruextraordinaire.com/files/arma2freeze.zip

I dont think this is a save game issue, because I did start the whole mission over from the beginning and the same thing occurred.

Edited by trinsic
Set to watch thread.

Same problem.

I hope there will be a fix in the next patch...because i'm bocked in the campaign.

Same for me. Game isn't playable anymore, 'cause it's freezing all the time after only a few seconds. Mission is Razor Two, 3 evidences found, waiting for catching Bardak. Patch 1.05 is installed. All the tips 'n tricks I read through the internet in variuos boards didn't help. Game just freezes and has to be killed with the taskmanager.

Arma2 1.05

Q6600

8GB RAM

nvidia 9600GT

Windows 7 64 bit

Im getting the same problem, freezes in Razor Two, have to kill game with task manager, starting to get annoyed, anyone find a fix?

Setup:

Arma2 1.05

i5 750 @ Stock

4GB Ram

Radeon HD5850

Windows 7 64bit

Looking at the dates, I can see this issue has been ongoing for WAY TOO LONG. I do have the same problem...I can't complete the mission, hence the game....Anyone found a fix for this inexcusable problem??

BTW i have the STEAM version.

Thank you, how could I forget to patch the game :hmmm:.

But seriously, before the the ticket I made (#13496), I used vanilla 1.07. Unfortunately the beta patch 72588 didn't help either. The good news is that yesterday I tried to do the mission goals in a different order and even though the 2 main goals weren't finished (the main bad guy escaped), the game granted Me access to the next mission. So it looks like the problem was tied to the mission script rather then the game executable itself. Either way I'm glad that I'm past this problem. I wonder how will the coming missions work out for me ;)

Same problem when I get near the third red cross. Image is frozen but I'm able to hear the birds and the wind.

I'm running version 1.08

Same problem when I get near the third red cross.

:cool: I have same problem. Arma 2 1.08 :cool:

Hello ladies and gents,

Don't know if this is how to do this. Sorry if I mess up the format or something.

I have the same problem in Razor 2. Either the third red X way up north causes a game freeze or the guy with the NAPA fighters in Vish w/e. The only thing I changed was I turned off VSYNC and Triple buffer and the only time I played it again it didnt freeze. I went to both locations and no freeze. Very weird indeed. I only tried it once and I'm afraid of restarting (wasted my only save) from fear of the scripts getting screwy again.

Intel I7 950 at 3.06 GHZ

MSI PRO X

6GB

NVIDIA GTS 450

TRACK IR 5

(25-30 FPS average -__-)

so anyone (or the company) solved this problem yet?

i was also playing untill the razor two mission, and after killing all the people in the third red X, the game just freezes and stops responding (according to the task manager).

of course i have to kill it with the task manager. other missions work just fine. it's just this specific mission\area in the game. it's definatly not a hardware issue.

i'm using the latest patch 1.09, and for now i can't go on playing with this game...it was just freezing all day at the same place..

thanks.

I just completed this mission with Arma2 Combined Operations V1.59 and had nothing like that on the third red X (Enemy tent camp in Lesnoy Krebet 446 meters peak at GPS COORS 083078). Sounds like a weird problem indeed, but you can work around it by not going there. This mission will complete even when you do not collect all evidence just capturing Bardak or letting him escape will end mission and accept it completed.

Depending on what time of the mission you attack that camp, Bardak could be there too. So do not shoot everything you see there. Game could get confused and freeze if you shoot him there. Actually you wound not have to shoot those enemies at all, if you manage to sneak in the tent and grab Evidence (Photos) from the table. Sometimes you can make those about 6 enemies to retreat and scatter around the forest, so it might be possible to get in the tent from south or southeast with just 2-3 kills.

I just completed this mission with Arma2 Combined Operations V1.59 and had nothing like that on the third red X (Enemy tent camp in Lesnoy Krebet 446 meters peak at GPS COORS 083078). Sounds like a weird problem indeed, but you can work around it by not going there. This mission will complete even when you do not collect all evidence just capturing Bardak or letting him escape will end mission and accept it completed.

Depending on what time of the mission you attack that camp, Bardak could be there too. So do not shoot everything you see there. Game could get confused and freeze if you shoot him there. Actually you wound not have to shoot those enemies at all, if you manage to sneak in the tent and grab Evidence (Photos) from the table. Sometimes you can make those about 6 enemies to retreat and scatter around the forest, so it might be possible to get in the tent from south or southeast with just 2-3 kills.

i just tried stopping my teammates somewhere in the middle, then sneaking alone to that tent from the opposite direction. then when i was lying there infront of the tent, trying to figure out where the people there go it froze again...even before i shot a single shot...any other ideas?

Not any really good ideas except either playing the whole campaign on Arma2 Combined Operations V1.59 or avoiding going to that location and ignoring that evidence.

Tents or camouflage nets in Arma2 can collapse. I have seen characters getting killed or injured because camouflage net has been rammed by vehicle or shot at and as it acts like any heavy object it makes damage to anything under it. This is unrealistic yes, but not our fault that they have done it that way. So I would not go into that tent before I'm sure it will not collapse because of enemy shooting at it (because you are inside).

I was talking to the power plant guard when the game got frozen. Plain ArmA 2 1.10 with JSRS soundmod. Never even gone near the red crosses...

Collected evidence: map on the bench at the castle, dog tags.

What the hell does this mean (from .rpt)?

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
String STR_rt_comes_to_staroye_F_3 not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_2 not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found
String STR_rt_comes_to_staroye_F_3 not found

EDIT: changed place, same story. After 12 o'clock the game freezes. (or after I disembark from the helicopter?)

EDIT 2: tried to wait on foot, it freezes at 12:02...

Edited by Speedle