Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

Campaign too short

Anyone else thinks that the red harvest campaign was too soon over ?

I really liked those missions where you chase Lobotev & Bardak and the manhattan missions, but those couple of last warfare missions i didn't like. I would have wanted more of those sandbox style missions.

And there wasn't any mission featuring HALO jump. I thought that of course there would be one where you are transported deep in the enemy territory and need to jump from the plane.

Well, i guess new bigger story driven campaign is something BIS or community can do later when they have patched and finished Arma 2.

Edited by Potatomasher

Wow already finished the campaign? Dang i thaught it was huge. You can at least play it again and do it differently - kill the civilians and just act like a tard maybe? :)

did u get any bugs?

Lot's of them sadly. Nothing too serious though. With couple of patches it will be fine.

72;1309992']Wow already finished the campaign? Dang i thaught it was huge. You can at least play it again and do it differently - kill the civilians and just act like a tard maybe? :)

Because of the bugs, i had to use twice the end mission cheat to pass so i'm definetly going to play it more than twice again.

press: "right shift" and "-" and write endmission

Yes waaaay to short.

The Landing. Doing some Policeduty. Play 2 Warfaremissions. Thats it.

I tryed to do as many sidequests as possible.

And, i had to end 2 Missions by entering the endmission-cheat.

I am very disappointed.

Maybe i wait for some patches, and play the campaign again with different decissions, or just forget about it.

Edited by Elektrokoch
typo, Wait

Have to agree, it was a little too short. Warfare missions were the weakest in my opinion, i would rather prefer those typical OFP missions, which were more involving. :rolleyes:

Yes waaaay to short.

The Landing. Doing some Policeduty. Play 2 Warfaremissions. Thats it.

I tryed to do as many sidequests as possible.

And, i had to end 2 Missions by entering the endmission-cheat.

I am very disappointed.

Maybe i wait for some patches, and play the campaign again with different decissions, or just forget about it.

Try be patient,bugs can be fun.I play the campaign over without using "endmission".

My campaign is stuck in the mission after Manhatten so I am waiting for the patch to continue (after being stuck at Manhatten itselfe until the 1.01final patch came). I guess there is no point to continue with the endmission cheat with the campaign in such a state. Lets hope 1.02 will make it playable.

The warfare missions don't sound encouraging to be honest. If I wanted to buy units and build bases I would play an RTS. The otherwise SpecOps heavy campaign was ok, altough I would have prefered to see more "I'm just a simple soldier in a big war"-type missions. I loved those in OFP. Also the squad-leader missions with standard tasks worked very well in OFP. The Arma 2 campaign was ok so far (assuming it would have worked flawless) but frankly it didn't blow me away either.

The warfare missions don't sound encouraging to be honest. If I wanted to buy units and build bases I would play an RTS. The otherwise SpecOps heavy campaign was ok, altough I would have prefered to see more "I'm just a simple soldier in a big war"-type missions. I loved those in OFP. Also the squad-leader missions with standard tasks worked very well in OFP.

Exactly my thoughts; who cares about reckon team, they typically only do Deep Recon & seldom Direct Action (and almost exclusivelly within massive indirect support). Massive regular soldier action still could be preceded by night time spec-ops defence sabotage or CO assassination, whateva. I really miss mass combined arms action in this one..