Sign in to follow this  
asuperfreak007

would this work?

would this script or technique (whatever you would call it) work for creating player respawn in singleplayer missions such as the evolution sp mission or a warfare mission if somebody made one?

http://caf.low-ping.com/forums/?page=post&id=189257&fid=158978

if it were to work, how could i modify a cti mission for singleplayer use? i don't know s*** when it comes to the mission editor. (if somebody already has a mission similar to what I'm looking for PLEASE tell me, been looking for ages)

no, SP dont have respawn at all. Just start MP session locally (use LAN -> Host) and play Warfare of Evo or anything.

no, SP dont have respawn at all. Just start MP session locally (use LAN -> Host) and play Warfare of Evo or anything.

:butbut:

I realize that that would be the simplest thing to do but whenever i try doing that i either get interupted right as i sit down or i invest 4 or 5 hours into the game and then i have to leave for work, go to sleep or interact with the outside world. in other words i need to be able to pause and save. if i export a mission to singleplayer i could do that but i still need to be able to spawn back after dying for gameplay reasons (i suck).

i just find it so hard to believe to sp can't respawn. :( could somebody give me a technical/official sounding reason why you can't respawn? or give me a work around that would accomplish the same goal?

Man AI know where your coming from, Warfare mode is a game within itself. If that were to happen it would take some major modifications to the warfare mission. It's not impossible; but the fact is that you would need to know what to change and adjust to make the game a single player.

Ah I get what you mean, you wanna make it into your own version of warfare/evolution with your own objectives and chosen missions or basically anything, like domination kinda but still the real warfare concept, right?!

Well yea but that takes sort of some work. First of all you should have it down on paper for yourself and than add it and copy, paste and modify it as how you like it while you do it.

But first you should know exactly what you want, concepts written down on paper. Than some editing and copying and pasting probably. :)

So yea sure its possible and sure it would work.