Sign in to follow this  
dmakatra

Campaign Co-Op Working Properly?

Hello!

I'm waiting for the 505 release, and to celebrate the release me and three mates have planned to play through the entire campaign in co-op. But seeing as multiplayer campaigns have been uncharted land up until now and there's been reports of heavy bugs, I'd just thought I'd check with everyone who has the Morphicon release to see if there's any show-stopping annoyances. Is the campaign playable in co-op? Are variables transferred correctly between missions? Will you see all the cutscenes? Is there anything that functions differently when you compare playing the campaign in SP and in MP?

I'd really appreciate if someone would answer, as I imagine it would be quite awful if me and my mates would run into a show-stopper after the second mission or something.

Thanks!

I would also like to know this, as me and some friends are buying new pcs and taking time off work to play.

I just want to know if the European release will have good coop, we dont want crashes or missions that dont work etc. What version are we getting in europe any way? is it 1.01 final?

Online co-op works well the only thing is the only person who gets the save game is the person who hosts it. So he/she will always have to be the host if you want to continue the same campaign.

big missions like Manhatan or whatever will be so huge you'll run in bugs often, it makes it difficult to complete it in MP

I think i may wait until its all a bit more stable.

You can only play it first through once!

anyone know what version we are getting in UK, is it 1.01 or 1.02?

playing works fine but once you have to reload after death it doesn't work anymore :(

The MP campaign needs a bit of tweaking so that host's machine won't be on it's knees in heavy missions. But other than that it's probably finest feature in ArmA 2, can't wait for user-made campaigns.

Me and a couple of pals intend to do the same but will wait until the fall arrives to start it and enjoy the summer first. I guess we received 1-2 patches by then and most of the major issues will be ironed out.

And as Blake said, this co-op campaign is loooong time wanted!

/KC

I think i may wait until its all a bit more stable.

You can only play it first through once!

anyone know what version we are getting in UK, is it 1.01 or 1.02?

1.01 at release with 1.02 patch to follow on same day or close to it.

The MP campaign needs a bit of tweaking so that host's machine won't be on it's knees in heavy missions. But other than that it's probably finest feature in ArmA 2, can't wait for user-made campaigns.

Yeah can't wait to get my hands on Arma 2, I got tons of ideas for a campaign but Im not sure if I got all the time :P

Combined arms coop campaign Im thinking :)

does anyone know the content of patch 1.02, will it stabilize the coop campaign etc?