Sign in to follow this  
Kakarotto

For god sakes someone please help me!

I installed the game and everything but when I try to play it says I need to insert the correct CD, when the correct CD was already in. I thought to myself "Ok, dont panic. I will just go to Troubleshooting website for this game on the Internet and find out how to fix my problem". I checked like 7 different sites on it and most of them said I needed to do stuff with my ASPI layers. Well I did all the stuff and it didnt work and I checked my ASPI layer info and it said it was made by Microsoft and not Adeptec. Another website said to download the "Ultimate upgrade" and it will fix it. I downloaded all the ultimate upgrade stuff but in order to ubgrade, it says I need to put the correct CD in. What do I do? Did I just waiste 50 bucks or does anyone know how to fix this. Oh and by the way, if it helps here are my system specs:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98

Processor: AMD Athlon @ 1002MHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Total Physical Memory: 128MB

Free Physical Memory: 2.68MB

Motherboard Manufacturer: confused.gif

Motherboard Model: M805LR

sometimes it does that...if that happens, pop your CD drive out and just put it back in..then it'll start

If you own the US version of the game, look here in the forum. There are a few topics about this problem. Seems like there is something wrong with the Operation Flashpoint goldpack.

If you have such a version, that might be your problem.

Strange...

First I thought we europeans were fucked because we had to buy the game v1.00 and THEN download all the upgrades and/or buy the Red Hammer addon.

But so at least it worked all the time. I never had a problem like you.

use the cd drive you installed ofp from

I installed through my D drive and I load it from my D drive if thats what u mean

Damn I really want to play this game it looks so sweet

And Ralph I tried it but it didnt work

Did you recently buy the US Opf Gold edition? If so read this

How many CD drives do you have? Are you using any 'virtual CD' drives?

You may have an issue due to driver lettering. Try the CD in the drive with the lowest letter, or rename the drives to achieve this. Also try running from the drive you installed the game from.

Just suggestions.

yea i heard there was a prob with the U.S version of GOLD UPGRADE that comes with the full game on the CD, i just got the seperate CD. i still use my original OFP CD, thats the way to go

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deus Ex @ Mar. 08 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yea i heard there was a prob with the U.S version of GOLD UPGRADE that comes with the full game on the CD<span id='postcolor'>

Correction: The problem is with the OFP game CD that comes in recently distributed copies of the full version of OFP Gold.

All other OFP CDs, including all the Gold Upgrade CDs, are OK.

Has anyone noted that in fact the main OFP CD that comes with the US gold edition is in fact not the same OFP CD that comes if you buy just regular ol' FP in the US? The CD is only version 1.0, not version 1.2. I just sort of assumed that it was the European disc.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm