Sign in to follow this  
_Cappa

Is ArmA 2 Optimized Graphically?

I played the early release German version at a friends and he had to have the settings on low and tweak the scene complexity in the config to get a half decent framerate...and it didn't look very good at all - worse than arma 1 if I recall..my hands on time was limited (a good few hours though)

His specs are

E6600 @ 3ghz

GTX8800 oc'ed

4gb Ram

Windows 7 build 7127

I think this is a serious matter and I ask - will ArmA 2 performance to visual quality ratio be improved on release in U.K etc?

If it is not I will sadly not buy it until performance is better and go back to playing ArmA 1 :( T_T my specs are similar..I'm guessing rendering optimization is possible?

There are other problems/bugs too but I will not comment until I see release build (will report them if I have more time on it) - I guess that's fair..there were many wow moments when flying VTOL in training etc/seeing AI doing things 'just right' *sometimes) :) - this game has massive potential...I'm mainly worried about performance as we all know the community can fix/add a lot!

I didn't buy it O,o... - the performance is underwhelming to say the least.

I just want some reassurance it will be better as my heart wants to love this game but my brain says otherwise! I don't want another love/hate relationship :P..

Prove us wrong BIS please! :O

Edited by _Cappa

...and it didn't look very good at all - worse than arma 1 if I recall..my hands on time was limited

How do you measure that scene is comparable to arma1? How do you compare video setings, do you think that LOW in arma1 video options means the same on ArmA2 ? LOW means equal to minimum recomended HW configuration. You cannot expect to have same settings on both games with same FPS.

Edited by Armored_Sheep