Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Dialog format error at different screen resolutions?

SNK you may be able to confirm this but I seem to get dialog format/spacing errors when I change screen resolution

At 1024 x 768:

1024.jpg

At 1280 x 1024:

1280.jpg

At 1680 x 1050:

1680.jpg

Doesn't seem to matter if I change screen type eg 4:3, 16:10, 16:9

This happened to a certain extent in ArmA but it seems much worse now.

Also I'm getting errors like this when a dialog loads

dialog.jpg

(this maybe related to scripting commands in the new game - will have to wait and see)

Is it possible I'm doing something stupid (always a possibility :)) or is it a bug?

EDIT: OK found the problem, I was being stupid, the size of in game dialogs can be changed using the "menu size" option - if it is set to normal then then dialogs appear as they should (whew). Might be nice if the game could keep scripted dialogs at correct size when changing this setting but I understand that would probably defeat the menu size buttons purpose.

Edited by norrin
Fix found

Nice to see, that you already fixed the problem. :)

And good to know, that a ArmA 2 Revive is in progress. :rolleyes:

Anyone worked out how to know what the current setting is so you can resize and/or move your controls to fit the player's screen?

The issue is that the screen coordinates change based on this setting, so you need to know the proportion that it is. i.e. in A1 A2 large UI, screen goes from 0 to 1, but it goes from about -1 to +1 by the time you have a tiny UI size in A2. Just being able to query this proportion would be great. Ideally an event, but you can always just check when you open your dialog...

EDIT: Thanks looz for the answer:

_visibleScreenCoordinatesRectangle = [safeZoneX, safeZoneY, safeZoneW, safeZoneH];

Edited by Spooner

Yes norrin

I will be your beta tester ;)

Also I'm getting errors like this when a dialog loads

dialog.jpg

(this maybe related to scripting commands in the new game - will have to wait and see)

Yes Norrin that is part of a few new properties of A2 classes.

If you do proper inheritance that will go away. If you neglect to inherit then you will need to look these new A2 class definitions up and add them manually. For that class I believe there is a handful of new properties. Look for a complete list in your RPT file which details the errors.

Edited by ViperMaul

Thanks for the tip VM will do :)

Anyone documented or documenting the new dialog config? Save me doing it.