Sign in to follow this  
[scu]hotdognz

Will ArmA2 support multiple imput devices

For those of use who use/have lots of diffrent controllers hooked up to our PCs Arma 1 limited its self to use the imput of the first joystick ID (mine was my Belkin N52) this meant that I was not able to use my CH Joystick/Throttle/Rudders in Arma with out some messing about.

Have the developers sorted this out in ArmA 2 ??

Cheers Hotdognz

Somewhere it was reported that ArmA 2 does support multiple controllers.

This is from the Twitter Q&A

Q: Will multiple peripherals/controllers be supported e.g pedals/joystick/rudders?

A: yes, joystick and pedal support as well as TrackIR5.

Last "Key Improvement" over Arma bullet point:

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_505_press_event_london_3_small.jpg

Support for multiple joysticks/controllers.

Source:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5692

Also, at the 505 Games Press Event:

There are some welcome changes, multi joystick/control pad support for one. So now you can have both joystick and wheel plugged into the game and swap as you like. As with ArmA1 TrackIR 4 and 5 is supported. James (BIS) brought his own Track IR4 on the day to demonstrate.

Source:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5694

Edited by Victor

Seriously, how did you miss this? Im shocked.

Yes damn it - hook everything you have in the house to ARMA2 and play. ;)

Alex

I'm not understanding why you can't use multiple controllers with Arma1, I use a Saitek X52, dual joy sticks, with multiple configurations on both, I also use TrackIR, which all of this, if configured right, works perfect now.

Unless I'm missing what you mean by multiple controllers....

i use the x36 usb, the predecessor to the x52 and with more buttons and it works fine in the arma demo... but its still considered 1 controller even though there are two seperate "boxes" even though there is only 1 usb connection ...

what they are referring to is buy brand "a" joystick, then buy say a throttle quadrant, then a switch panel, then rudders... so you have 4 physical usb connections needing to be compatible with the sim/game....

there are some really cool products out there if you have the cash...

Is it possible to easily plug other kinds of devices? I might want to dust off my old 3Dconnexion SpaceTraveller manipulator. Nothing beats full 6 degrees of freedom under one palm. ;)

copy that, my X52 does plug into one usb & my TrackIR another, so if my caculations are correct, that's multiple... so yes you can. I would asses that ARMA2 would be just as compatible, especially given that the new TrackIR5 was used on the media release version of ARMA2, you know that guy had loads of stuff connected.

My personal experience with problems associated with controllers not functioning properly ingame is about 95% configuration. You must spend some time setting it up properly and eliminating duel key binds.

copy that, my X52 does plug into one usb & my TrackIR another, so if my caculations are correct, that's multiple... so yes you can. I would asses that ARMA2 would be just as compatible, especially given that the new TrackIR5 was used on the media release version of ARMA2, you know that guy had loads of stuff connected.

My personal experience with problems associated with controllers not functioning properly ingame is about 95% configuration. You must spend some time setting it up properly and eliminating duel key binds.

Thats not quite correct, while Arma see's USB connections it only see's 1 game controller connection via USB, Track IR does not show up under game controllers optin in the Control Panel under WinXP or Vista so its not considerd a game controller by ARMA1