Sign in to follow this  
GnySgt Hartman Sr DI

Side arms

I think a more attractive option for pilots and crew (at least west crew) would be an MP5K. Its small enough to fit int othose confined spaces and a lot more useful than some piddly little pea shooter.

Guest Scooby

"I think pistols would definitely add to the game. True, most combat in OFP takes place over distances would be all but useless, but there are times when that's just not true. In buildings, sneaking up on an unwary soldier, surprising a soldier from a bush etc. I agree that normal troops shouldn't have them, but I see no reason why snipers, officers and vehicles crews shouldn't."

I see no reason to use pistol even at close range if you have assault rifle. Assault rifle is much more effective weapon than pistol and since most of the assault rifles have foldable stocks they arent that hard to handle in tight places.

If BIS adds pistols to resistance but they will do nothing to other much bigger issues in game I will lose my faith completly on them.

If we just take in account some animations there should be in game (as adding pistols would be mostly about new way to hold weapon) game is lacking ability to fire LAW from prone position. Also machinegunner should be either shooting HMG from prone or sitting position. Adding proper Russian AT-4 and TOW wouldnt hurt either.

There are just so many other much more important things to fix in OFP than adding pistols is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ Mar. 08 2002,09:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I think pistols would definitely add to the game. True, most combat in OFP takes place over distances would be all but useless, but there are times when that's just not true. In buildings, sneaking up on an unwary soldier, surprising a soldier from a bush etc. I agree that normal troops shouldn't have them, but I see no reason why snipers, officers and vehicles crews shouldn't."

I see no reason to use pistol even at close range if you have assault rifle. Assault rifle is much more effective weapon than pistol and since most of the assault rifles have foldable stocks they arent that hard to handle in tight places.

If BIS adds pistols to resistance but they will do nothing to other much bigger issues in game I will lose my faith completly on them.

If we just take in account some animations there should be in game (as adding pistols would be mostly about new way to hold weapon) game is lacking ability to fire LAW from prone position. Also machinegunner should be either shooting HMG from prone or sitting position. Adding proper Russian AT-4 and TOW wouldnt hurt either.

There are just so many other much more important things to fix in OFP than adding pistols is.<span id='postcolor'>

good suggestions. if they add the prone for the rocket firing, they might as well add the backblast area that would injure another soldier if they are not paying attention smile.gif

Of course, pistols are just extra. Fix older LAW/RPG, AT-4 and Carl Gustav inaccuracies first. East M2 Machine Gun is also all wrong, they really have NSV Machine guns or older DsHk but NOT the US m2 gun anyway.

Additionally:

-BMP-1 can't fire Sabot round in real life

-M2 Bradley's commander seat is useless since periscope doesn't rotate

-tank tracks won't get blown by mines and tanks won't immobilize

-LAW/RPG is still too accurate

-Trabant is wrecked by couple of bullets

etc...

Guest Scooby

In addition to backblast area to AT weapons they could add blast area in front of tank when it fires.

Then some tuning of get up / get down animations. Making satchels less effective, better damage modelling, AI soldiers should do AA firing against helos if they are attacked, grenades shouldnt blow on impact, new system how weapons take space when carried, etc, etc, etc... Alot of small improvements could be done which would make gameplay alot more fun and realistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ Mar. 08 2002,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In addition to backblast area to AT weapons they could add blast area in front of tank when it fires.

Then some tuning of get up / get down animations. Making satchels less effective, better damage modelling, AI soldiers should do AA firing against helos if they are attacked, grenades shouldnt blow on impact, new system how weapons take space when carried, etc, etc, etc... Alot of small improvements could be done which would make gameplay alot more fun and realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

scooby, I agree completely. The only hurdle are the uninformed gamers who will be pissed when they get killed for a reason they don't fathom. I guess that's what manuals are for though smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Mar. 08 2002,15:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also think pilots especially are pretty heavily armed currently, who the hell would carry and assault rifle + 4 mags and 6 grenades in already cramped cockpit AND then take them all out after being ejected??? Pistols for pilots NOT assault rifles (jet pilots at least).<span id='postcolor'>

Russian ejection seats are designed to have an AK fitted to them, dunno about the Western ones

I believe there should be side arms, IRL(in real life), soldiers carry one. They also most diffidently carry a KNIFE! I have crawled up behind many a sniper to busy scanning for targets and wished I had a nice sharp blade to slice his throat with!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CruKill @ Mar. 08 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe there should be side arms, IRL(in real life), soldiers carry one.<span id='postcolor'>

not infantrymen!