Sign in to follow this  
bushwacker

Can I now play Arma 1

Hi all, just a question on if there is a fix to my problems with ARMA 1, I biught it from poland when 1st come out after being into ofp since 2001. I was sadly unable to play it as my system wasnt up to it. Now finally have a i7 quad core 3.6 gtx 295 6gigram vista home 64 bla bla (sold my fireblade) computer. I installed a uk gold edition of the game and get white flashes and some training ops dont play ? patch with the 1.14 as it says on the site which is for 1.08 box fresh arma gold ! any advise as am off from 26th for six weeks getting better from a major operation and would like to at least attempt to have some good old gaming fun.. Any reply would be great many thanks for reading and your time in replying

(if it wont work c u in ARMA 2)

Try the 1.16 beta patch. It solves a lot of problems with Vista64 and > 4GB RAM.

White flashes? Can you describe it more in detail? Does this happen all the time? What are your video settings? Do you have the newest NVIDIA drivers and if so, have you tried older drivers? Which missions dont work and what happens if you fun them? Have you tried 1.16 beta patch? Probably not but are you using any mods? There is a troubleshooting thread, check if anything useful is there.

Nice PC though, it should run perfectly. I have like a cheaper version of yours and no major problems.

LOL, well wolle broke it up for you:)

thanks for quick answers guys I will try the beta patch, it a fresh install just put the 1.14 patch on so can i go striaght to the 1.16 ? no mods never played it for more than 10mins or turned off stright away when flashing ( round edges of menu or when start a mission)..