Sign in to follow this  
RKDmitriyev

Should I try OFP multiplayer and if so, how?

So yeah, I've had OFP:GOTY since '04 but never got around to doing anything but singleplayer with it. I don't have ArmA because my computer is too sluggish for it. I guess I have three questions:

(1) Is it worth trying to get into OFP multiplayer?

(2) Does anybody still play?

(3) If so, what mod(s) do they tend to use?

(4) What should I know as a complete newbie so that I won't be an annoying n00b?

Thanks for any help anyone can give. :yay:

1. Yes I realy miss having a connection fast enough for COOP

2. Yes I am prity sure

3. Look at the serverlist it usualy says what is used

4. Follow the rules on the server!

I advise to play on servers using addons. The more - the better. Less chance that you'll play with morons and kids.

If you have OFP already, give it a shot but don't expect anything mindblowing. I wouldn't buy the game for its MP anymore.

I advise to play on servers using addons. The more - the better. Less chance that you'll play with morons and kids.

And less chance that you'll play at all.

And less chance that you'll play at all.

Not really. For example: CiA server.

You should definitely play Multiplayer OFP, particularly with the CiA guys.

Here are the important links:

CiA needed Addons page Install both FDF and WGL. I recommend grabbing all the optional stuff on this page.

Teamspeak is required.

This link will show you online games in progress, along with other info: OFP Stats

See you online!

Okay, I'm downloading the CiA/FDF mods now.

This should be interesting!

Two additional bits:

1. For FDF, amongst the optional items I recommended, the Finmod Model Conversion and the WGL compass are great. Don't pass them up. (they're all great, actually)

2. On a related note, for WGL, if your computer is good for it, I recommend installing the @WGL_Ryan models conversion - check the Forum Post link on that page for more information. If you need help getting set up, let me know and I'll do what I can. WGL documentation will help.

Edit: In response to your #4, above: do everything the server rules say to do.

More stuff:

Make backups (of original OFP files and configs you plan on replacing, particularly).

Modfolders

Dslyecxi's OFP page - good, helpful info

MrBurnsAECIslands - original islands texture and flora replacements

My computer, like yours, is too sluggish for ARMA - it runs OFP very well with all of the above, in multiplayer.

Edited by Anguis
thought of more stuff

Ofp in multiplayer is beter if you play coop, i made a couple of mission and played with 4 of my friends, it was awsome,i put a lots of enemyes to shoot and whe played one mission almost 3 hours...best time ever...but playnd DM or Capture the flag isnt that interesting...