Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

Wii head-tracking

@PhilippRauch: it's not me on these pics...but thats what a candle tracking device is gonna look like *g* http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1694

Haha thats some funny stuff, candle light dinner now becomes a whole new meaning:rofl:

I will get insane with bluetooth device installation! For some mysterious reason its not working really got for me! it seems the wiimote can only "see" the track clip pro at a maximum of about 30 cm! Thats way to close.

A friend of me got it working...maybe its my bluetooth device (the second one i bought).

I will try the exact same bluetooth drivers like my friend uses and see what happens.

if that won't do it, i will try the same BT dongle my friend uses.

So how good is your friends free track working with the track ir clip? Does he have a video on youtube where i could have a look at it?

Sorry that i can´t help you with the setup i don´t use the Track IR Clip myself:(

So how good is your friends free track working with the track ir clip? Does he have a video on youtube where i could have a look at it?

Sorry that i can´t help you with the setup i don´t use the Track IR Clip myself:(

I think it works okay at the moment! He assembled everything yesterday so there wasn't that much time to test it properly.

We both got a Wiimote + Track Clip Pro...only difference at the moment is OS (I use Win XP 32 bit, he uses Vista 64 bit), the bluetooth driver and the bluetooth stick itself.

I don't think he is gonna make a video of himself showing freetrack. not the type of guy to do it.

i'll report back when i got news! ;-)

hey Dr-Pulp, i read in Free-Track Forums that people with similar issues had to set Free-Track process affinity to core0 (if you have multicore) and raise its base-priority to "realtime" via task-manager.

The bug i known ad reported to the dev-team as far as i could read.

Maybe that helps you...

A way of using the Wii remote with a tft :) With my new 22" tft, which actually stands further away from the wall, i will modify it by 90° like the horizontal-crt version :) Or i will tape it to the wall. Due to this construction the actual viewing angle of the wii is really better. You can see this in on the the video posted above, if you are to near, the wiii won't see every three ir dots. Despite of the fact that im using a wii remote, i even use a 3 point-"lego technic"-construction on myheadset powerd via usb (with ptc) and still my pc is not in hell :D

bild136.jpg

Edited by telejunky

Lol, Lego FTW....

I still don't know really out of which material i make the raw construction of the IR-Clip....

Can you show a picture of yours maybe?

thx for the info mr.g-c! Haven't read that...but sounds promissing. got my friends BT dongle today so i can run more tests today!

Maybe with hte ne BT dongle or your hints...it will work! :)

btw. i am going to build my WiiRemote stand with the cheapest camera tripod available and a screw clamp. (only if the damn tracking works.) I'll post a picture if it is done.

I really like to build my own things and to see them working, like some other said. And in ArmA it is really immersive. I hope they deliver the interiors of the main battle tanks with an additional patch, because headtracking is really immersive especially in vehicles. Try it yourself lookin throug the M113's different hatches! :)

here is my setup: download

Despite of the fact of solder the different parts i pierced the end of the cable with a needle and then just put the resistor through and crook it :) It works fine with parallel setting with three 36 Ohm resistors and one PTC fuse to one pole, as my computer insurance :D

One other thing of using the lego variant: you can easily unrig your clip :)

now i give officially up :(

tried my friends BT dongle...same thing! tried to assign the freetrack process to core 1 only...no change! raised thread priority to realtime...nothing!

the only difference between the PC of my friend is the OS. And i am not going to use vista because of freetrack.

now i simply send back the track clip pro, and then order trackir 5 + clip in the uk.

Have you tried running it as administrator or UAC disabled?

I had who's who OS backwards.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear