Sign in to follow this  
Clahtrien

Help with return the chopper mission - red hammer

I'm stuck in this stupid mission. I've the fuel truck. I've refuel the stupid chopper but when I try to fly, the stupid piece of metal just turn upside down (First time). When I finally got the stupid thing to fly to the repair truck, it turn upside down again (Right after they set the new re-try location), that means if I click re-try, it'll start at my chopper turning upside down. That's the fourth time and the seventh time I re-played the mission, the chopper didn't turn upside down after refueling, but it won't lift...just keep moving backwards at -100 over speed.

Sad, anyone can help me get over this stupid mission?

That sounds like FADE to me m8, I have just completed the mission (still on ver. 1.30 ) and I had NO problems like that!

Doesn't sound like fade to me, I completed Red Hammer without such problems but it still doesn't sound like fade.

Try reverting from the previous mission smile.gif

I manage to pass that part, now I'm stuck again. I have to destory the tanks before the mission is complete, right? What do you do when you run out of ammo? My gunner fired over 40 times before one tank is down.

yea lol i never had any problems like that ever. i went though red hammer pretty much glitch free. they beta tested teh hell outta it lol.

well i got a problem with this mission

i just repaired the helcopter and now after the little clip my helcopter is going about 700 and it is about 400 meters oh the ground and my helcopter is pointing to the ground which i am able to flying for a few seconds but then i end up in the sea and i cant stop it from going into the sea.

Clahtrien, never use your gunner for rocket strafes. He is far too inaccurate. Just switch to manual fire and only shoot when the crosshair is right over the target. I used less than half of my rockets on this mission.

I had exactly the same problem with the chopper at the repair truck. After several retries it didn't get destroyed (presumably by random chance) and just saved it there.

To echo what someone else said, get rid of your 'gunner' he's utterly useless, do the tank busting yourself. I went through about 3/4 of my rockets during that mission (and took out the Blackhawk at the end too smile.gif).

I've also found that AI drivers when I'm the gunner is completely pointless. After asking the driver 20 times to turn to the right, I kicked him out and made him run after the T72 while I destroyed enemy tanks smile.gif

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Hola,

i 've got the same **** with this mission.

i did it for a million times now!

i hope you got an answer by now...

can you help me?

only once it went ok but then i ****-up in the next part,

against the convoy.

thx,

zahony

yea i had a gunner in that mission, he missed all of the targets, i made him parchute out and left him behind

I'm on this mission now and can't get anywhere with it. I have had the same problem with the chopper starting out upside down after I get to the repair point. When I finally get the chopper to fly I can't hit anything with the rockets. Any help would be appreciated.

Same pb here, Mi17 crashes after repair point ...

This suxx, anyone have a solution better than retry 'till it "bugs" and you don't crash ?

BTW if you watch out, you'll see you are 100meters away from your supposed landing point.

Hope i'll dont have to use the ENDMISSION trick. sad.gif

Ditto, I have just got to this mission and thought I was doing well confused.gif

It's just great trying to fly a chopper plummeting to the ground mad.gif

What is the end mission trick? I finally got the chopper to fly then destroyed the armored column , picked up the soldiers at Arudy. Then it tells me to destroy another armored column , I get killed and it starts me at the BEGINNING of the mission to do all over again. It erased my save point!!! I'm about done with this game until they fix the bugs. Its too frustrating to worry with.

I had the same prob with the chopper after the truck too - i ended up upside down on the ground - unable to do anything...

i saved just before the cutscene, and replayed it until I finally got out without pancaking

took a few tries tho

CSO_brent

I had the same problem with the repair point the other day when I was playing this mission. I don't know if this will make any difference, but while the cutscene was playing, I held down 'Q' to lift the chopper and kept pulling my mouse back (to lift the nose). When the cutscene ended I was still a bit wobbly, but I managed to get control of it.

So try keeping the chopper in the air even when the cutscene is playing, in case any controls register.

i found if I was able to get the autohover to kick in (about 20% of the time) i was able to keep going. never thought of the controlling while in the cutscene tho - good idea.

CSO_brent