Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Thanks for the info :)

Btw, would Phenom II x4 955BE be good or what CPU would you recommend? And how much worse is the GTX 560 non-Ti version than the Ti version?

Is the motherboard ok? Or should i get new one?

It's nice that ArmA 2 looks good on even medium settings :)

Edited by TripleA

Get the cheapest phenom II X4 BE you can (i.e. lowest number BE) because while higher numbers may have higher preset clocks, the lower numbers are definitely capable of reaching the same max overclock as the higher numbers (obviously luck comes into it- no two cpus are made identical)

What I'm trying to say is that if you can overclock at all get the cheapest black edition X4 you can.

And the price difference between the 560ti and 560 is pretty much relative to the performance difference. (~15%)

apparently 560 (non-ti)=6870

The 560ti is really beaten by AMD's 6950 when it comes to value though.

Edited by lozz08

Thanks to you too :)

I'll get the x4 955BE and overclock it, then i'll save some money and get the GTX 560Ti.

But is corsair 500w too weak, like PuFu said?

i am still confused where my HIS HD ATi Radeon 3850 512MB PCI-E stands at for ArmA2?, i run everything max on ArmA but have shadows low and AA low.. and distance set at 1000m. However i am still confused.., does anyone run any similar cards to mine or maybe slightly better or lower? where would i see my card run ArmA 2 at?

Thanks to you too :)

I'll get the x4 955BE and overclock it, then i'll save some money and get the GTX 560Ti.

But is corsair 500w too weak, like PuFu said?

i have bought a X4 955 3.2 a month ago, and i overclocked it to 3.6

Not to much, but it gave me a boost of 10-15 fps. I plan to overclock it to 3.8 or even 4.0 but first i need to install my new cooler. I cant do that.

F*** that packace pc. I'm gonna choose the parts myself. So this is my plan:

x4 955BE C3 AM3 3.2ghz(gonna overclock this)

Point Of View GTX 560Ti Charged

CORSAIR PSU CXV2 600W 12CM ATX12V2.3 80+

KINGSTON HYPERX BLU 4GB 1600MHZ

Scythe Mugen 2 rev-b cooler

Coolermaster Elite 430 case

Asus M4A77T

I think i'll be able to run on very high with decent FPS...?

Edited by TripleA

@todayskiller: get the 2GB card. Due to A2 texture sizes, as BangTail said, this game pushes the 1.5GB on a vid card, especially on higher resolutions. I can tell the difference in how the game performs on my 2 rigs gtx 460(1gb) and amd 6970(2gb).

@TripleA: Your rig should play it on medium-high settings. I for one would get the 560TI card instead of the 460. Regarding CPU, quad cores are recommended, so you might wanna put some chips there before anything else. Might wanna check that PSU as well, 600W should be a minimum for your system.

Thanks for the Reply...I'm deciding on these Two now :)...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

OR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130662

I know you said go with the 2 GB one, But I'm getting different Opinions on the Red Orchestra 2 Forums (Don't get me wrong, I love that you're trying to help, I'm just trying to see why/how one of these cards is better than the other).

I always thought having more Memory Size would help a lot also, but the guys there said, the TI one is like an "update, of the other 560's, and they over clocked it...and it has more over clocked abilities"...Well, true...but that card is only a 1 G.B. one :D...and it has the same Core Clock/Shader clock...but it has more Stream Processors, and a tad bit more Effective Memory Clock.

Care to elaborate more on why the 2 G.B. one is better? (What you listed already is amazing, and thanks for that...But Care to go into more detail on why it would be a better buy than the 560 TI one)?

Thanks a bunch

-TodaysKiller

i'm sorry, i thought you had listed 2 gtx 560 TI, one with 1GB and one with 2gb, AND not a 560 and a 560 TI. My bad. If that is the case, get the 560TI. If possible, get a 2gb 560TI :), like THIS one

F*** that packace pc. I'm gonna choose the parts myself. So this is my plan:

x4 955BE C3 AM3 3.2ghz(gonna overclock this)

Point Of View GTX 560Ti Charged

CORSAIR PSU CXV2 600W 12CM ATX12V2.3 80+

4GB 1333MHZ DDR3 NON-ECC CL9 DIMM KIT

Scythe Mugen 2 rev-b cooler

Coolermaster Elite 430 case

Asus M5A78L-M LX

I think i'll be able to run on very high with decent FPS...?

Yeah, sounds better. But be advised: there is no RIG that can handle A2 on maximum/very high settings with constant decent FPS. Nothing one can do anyways

Edited by PuFu

Thanks for the info :)

Btw, would Phenom II x4 955BE be good or what CPU would you recommend?

I just bought PII x4 955BE and with default clocks it sucks in Arma2. I still have almost as crappy fps as I did with C2D.

If you are buying a totally new rig, go for SB 2500K for sure.

Edited by Atkins

Nah,AMD all the way, Intels are overpriced. You should overclock it.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

i'm sorry, i thought you had listed 2 gtx 560 TI, one with 1GB and one with 2gb, AND not a 560 and a 560 TI. My bad. If that is the case, get the 560TI. If possible, get a 2gb 560TI :), like THIS one

Yeah, sounds better. But be advised: there is no RIG that can handle A2 on maximum/very high settings with constant decent FPS. Nothing one can do

anyways

Yeah, i know. But it think i'll manage to make it playable.

Edited by TripleA

I don't agree on the overpriced bit. Remember that AMD is way behind with their tech on their CPUs (i wouldn't say the same thing about the AMD GPUs for instance).

It depends on what you use your PC for, true, but for my needs (a PC capable of running 2d and 3d professional software, as well as games), intel is the only option on the market. It is left to be seen if the bulldozer lineup, and especially the native 8 cores are gonna change that or not...

Yeah, i take that back. AMDs just are cheaper. And Intels perform better.

Hmm currently im also thinking about a lil CPU upgrade but when i read about people still having troubles with A2 on a X4 955 it makes me wonder.

Currently i use a X4 9850 ( 2,5ghz ) which was already crap when it came out and sucks in ArmA2 as you really see how it bottlenecks my slightly tuned HD6950 2GB ( Asus Direct CUII, perfectly silent ), so currently i got a bit money saved for such stuff and consider two options:

- Get a X4 955 and OC it as far as possible

- Get a X6 1090T and OC it as far as possible

With Latest Bios both are possiblew on my old Gigabyte GA-MA78-DS3H rev 1.0, in case of the X6 also the 1100T but why pay more if you cna OC it.

Judging by some benchmarks i saw the X6 could perform a tiny bit better but possibly not that much better to justify 30-40Eur more.

So far as good as all games run very ok on my current rig but ArmA2 in high settings troubles me and yet to me is the most important one.

So X4? X6? Both with OC offcourse?

Next year a whole new A3 PC will be build and that will either be a Sandy or a Bulldozer but thats still a while.

Current System:

Win7 64,

Gigabyte GA-MA78-DS3H rev 1.0,

X4 9850 2,5Ghz,

4Gigs Ram,

HD6950 with unlocked Shaders,

Crucial C300 128GB,

Spinpoint F1 for other games.

To me it seems witha decent CPU this rig should still work fine for a good bit of time so please someone give me some advice :)

Edited by Shadow NX

i would go for the X4 if A2 is your main aim, especially if you plan upgrading in 1year or so.

I have experience only with 6 cores and 4 cores from intel (8 and 12 threads), and i can say running the same vid card, the 4 core performs better (i also assume it has smth to do with being sandy just as well).

Nah,AMD all the way, Intels are overpriced. You should overclock it.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Yeah, i know. But it think i'll manage to make it playable.

No, Intel carry a premium because the simple fact is that they are better, faster and most importantly have superior chipsets.

I should note that there is nothing wrong with AMD but there is a reason you pay more for Intel and it's because they can charge more based on what they offer.

Edited by BangTail

Yeah, sounds better. But be advised: there is no RIG that can handle A2 on maximum/very high settings with constant decent FPS. Nothing one can do anyways

It's no problem man, Thanks for helping...and nice find on that 2 GB 560 TI o.O!...Although that's almost a whopping 300 bucks...I think I could manage to get that somehow.

Would I be better off getting that 2 GB card? or this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-121-425&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2

It has 900 MHZ of Core Clock and 1800 MHZ Shader Clock...plus the 384 Stream Processors (or does a bit more Core Clock and all that not make much of a difference? compared to the 2 GB card)?

-TodaysKiller

I would go with the 2GB card if you can manage it.

1GB is ok but even at 1680 x 1050, you will likely push 1GB of memory depending on your settings.

Edited by BangTail

I would go with the 2GB card if you can manage it.

1GB is ok but even at 1680 x 1050, you will likely push 1GB of memory depending on your settings.

Thanks for the reply...

So A tad bit higher Core Clock and all that doesn't make much of a difference? (and yeah, wouldn't the 2 GB one have me set for a few years if new games require a minimum of a 1 GB card)? o.O

A few years might be stretching it a little but at least a year ;)

A few years might be stretching it a little but at least a year ;)

So I'd have to upgrade every year? :(...What if I were to run on medium settings those next years :) lol...and thanks for the help.

Well, maybe that's my bias talking a little.

You might push it to 2 years but again that's highly dependant on what you play and what you are willing to live with resolution/detail wise.

So to revise my answer, yes you could probably get away with it for longer if you are willing to make some concessions vis a vis detail/res etc :)

Well, maybe that's my bias talking a little.

You might push it to 2 years but again that's highly dependant on what you play and what you are willing to live with resolution/detail wise.

So to revise my answer, yes you could probably get away with it for longer if you are willing to make some concessions vis a vis detail/res etc :)

Alright, Yeah, I've been playing on medium settings for 4 years now on my 9800 Gt...I'm sure I can suffice to playing on medium again :D.

Looks like I'm going with the 2 GB card, thanks for clarifying which one would be better and why :).

Edited by todayskiller

only time i upgrade is when i fall behind to play the arma series. In general i can play all the other games, COD, Medal of honor, assassins creed. The only game that froces my computer is the armed assaults series, and it still does. I did an upgrade couple of years back with Arma, and just a month ago i did another one for ArmaII

Tax time upgrade time i wanna go from a e8500 to a i5 2500, i dont have internet access so i play offline only meaning i play warfare bymself alot against the cpu, now after 40 mins of gameplay the warfare game gets sluggish on the e8500.

Now will a i5 2500 smash the e8500 at handling a solo warfare with that many cpu troops? I guess you could say im using warfare as an example of how far i intend to push the cpu and i wanna know if its gonna go crap an hour into the game.

Its a $340 AUD upgrade atm which fits my budget.

I'm only interested in the 2500 and not the K version either (not a OC'er guy).

Thanks lads