Sign in to follow this  
BongoBoy

Hi ! remember the death cam from OFP ?

I am new here. I hope this is an OK place to ask this.

- I just got my copy of ArmA Combat Operation patched up and running great on a Vista 64 laptop (Toshiba X300) I am in heaven.

- I remember in OFP after you died you could "control" the camera and go and look around and see if you actions (your death) helped your guys proceed. Man I enjoyed that little feature !!!

In ArmA it's still there but locked in a spiral camera...it's great but I would like to have control of it. I thought it was genius in OFP, but no one is doing it ?

- could that be tweaked ot modded ?

I am just now starting my tiny mod idea's...starting slow with the editors and missions, I wanna do faces etc. One day I'll get there.

I was just wondering.

Thanks for listening to me... I am an older gamer and I have not been this happy in a long time. Late to the party.

ArmA is so great, Thanks to everyone who made it, mods it, plays it, buys it...and helps goofy Newbies like me.

Cheers, now I am going home from work to get my head blown off. I really have to work on my "escape" after attacking. You know you are playing a "real" game when you die all the time and have the best time ever.:yay:

Bongoboy. Toronto, Canada.

A hoy hoy, BongoBoy. Welcome to the forums. It's always good to see another frost back in the community. I'm glad you decided to give ArmA a try. It sounds like you're really enjoying it! You've joined just in time for ArmA 2, which I think currently is officially set to release in late June. All indicators point to a more OFP like feel with many of the enhancements of ArmA refined a great deal.

In ofp the default death camera I think started out showing your corpse and then the unit that killed you (if applicable), and then in multiplayer, you respawned as a seagul. AFAIK, it should be the same with ArmA. I'm positive that the multiplayer seagul cam can be modded into the sp game.

many missions use Kegetys Spectator script, it is successor of OFP version.

I remember in OFP after you died you could "control" the camera and go and look around and see if you actions (your death) helped your guys proceed. Man I enjoyed that little feature !!!

Indeed ! I always find myself wanting to look around when I die.

I like the screen just going black when I die no cheating ovision specator to see who shot me...

Thanks guys !

Great to be here. No-one I talk to understands the spiritual meaning of true open ended tactic operations ...heh,heh.

It's the only game where I get completely removed from reality, I AM a soldier, I am there. Very scary sometimes.

I have only been playing in shorts bursts, dying all the time. Having the best time.

I guess that's why I want the controllable death cam, cause I'm usually dead.

Amazing stuff.

I would Love to visit these guys at their studio one day, this is true digital art to me.

I hope Arma 2 will run OK on my laptop, I think it will lowered down a bit.

I think ArmA has that certain something that makes you "feel" like you are the character you are controlling, maybe it's the realistic lighting, the camera in FP view, I dunno...but it rocks the Kasbah !!!

So awesome to discuss this stuff.

- PS, I have ArmA Combat Operations patched up to 1.14 (works perfect ! nice work on the patch!), if I find Queens Gambit can I just load it up ? (Vista 64 premium)

Thanks a ton eveyone for the warm reception !!!:D

BongoBoy.