Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Operation Flashpoint GOTY on ASUS EEE PC 1000H?

I`m wondering if there is anybody here who owns a netbook and has tried to run Operation Flashpoint on it.

I`m planning on buying an ASUS EEE PC 1000H Netbook for traveling and so on. Now I`m curious if it`s possible to play the GOTY version on it. As far as I know the netbook will have an Intel G950 graphic chip and 2GB RAM installed. The OS will be Windows XP. Any information? So far I read it runs, but noone posted the framerate, details...

Heh, that's an interesting question that got me thinking. biggrin_o.gif

The Atom CPU is about the same as a Pentium 3. The GMA950 probably approximates to a GeForce 2 or the like. So, basically the kinda PC that was around when OFP first came out. It will probably run quite alright on the low resolution of the tiny screen (although it probably wont handle one of the heavy mods like FFUR). I know a guy who has one of the Acer netbooks who plays Quake 3 and Enemy Territory on it with no problems, so yeah, I think it could just work.

My wife has Eee 901. So far i tried only Dungeon Siege on it and it runs absolutely smooth on max details. wink_o.gif

I had OFP+Resistance running on an EEE 701 4G and it was ok, not great, but playable. I didn't like it because it was hard to play without a mouse (having to criss-cross hands).

I`m wondering if there is anybody here who owns a netbook and has tried to run Operation Flashpoint on it

You will definitely be able to run it with absolutely no problems. OFP seems to be a very notebook-friendly game.

I own an Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition (3 CD UK release by Mastertronic) and I run it on 1280 x 800 resolution, all visual options turned on, normal detail level and distance range of 1221 meters (which seems quite enough for most of OFP engagements). There is a nice framerate even in intensive combat missions and online games.

My notebook is nearly 4 year old already with Sempron 3300+ 2.0 Ghz, 1024 MB DDR 333 Mhz RAM and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M 128MB onboard graphics.

So go on, get this great game and enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Edited by Saint Warrior