Sign in to follow this  
Almondpoq

Tactical Sling

most of soldiers from western armed forces use tactical slings so why not add it to the game? should be quite simple.

The rifles in ArmA are animated as if they are on slings depending on what you're doing or how the characters are transitioning. As far as animating the sling itself, it would not be easy to do.

what i mean is when transitioning to pistol just droping the rifle and let it hang in front of you = faster transition to pistol. when the characters are doing something with it's hand(or during safe stance), let rifle hang in front of the character instead of current 'american carry'. no body use american carry when they're wearing lv.3 kevlar armor.

Yeah. The character will just hang it when he's transitioning to binoculars. I don't know why he goes through the whole song and dance of putting it on his back when he's going to pistol or the rocket launcher.

The rifles in ArmA are animated as if they are on slings depending on what you're doing or how the characters are transitioning.  As far as animating the sling itself, it would not be easy to do.

I agree about animating the sling. Since it's mostly a non-rigid body, it is affected by gravity and tension on the rifle. That is hard to render in real time. For example, game cut scenes in which a character talks on a corded phone usually obscure the actual cord (so they don't have to animate it).

Almondpoq, I support the idea of a quick switch from the rifle to another item in the inventory. I hope they do make something like that. Everyone has stories of getting killed in Armed Assault while switching weapons.

or something like this smile_o.gif

and watch all parts smile_o.gif btw. the guy shows nice stances ...

or something like this smile_o.gif

Hell yeah! That would rock hard. smile_o.gif

I would like being able to stop animations like loading RPG and enemy come up in front of you... BANG your dead because you become retarded during the loading. Would be nice if AA2 is quicker between switching weapons and also being at least able to move slowly when loading RPG etc. So we can side step when the AI show up in front of us.

Your mates wont always be able to save your ass. smile_o.gif

Alex

72 @ Mar. 15 2009,06:16)]I would like being able to stop animations like loading RPG and enemy come up in front of you... BANG your dead because you become retarded during the loading. Would be nice if AA2 is quicker between switching weapons and also being at least able to move slowly when loading RPG etc. So we can side step when the AI show up in front of us.

Alex

Exacly. Being able to cancel actions would be very nice indeed. When you want to cancel switching from primary to sidearm or smt. in ArmA, sometimes you get this weird bug when your aim is a bit off. You are shooting in one point and bullets go 1m left and down (I think) on 100m. From all the videos I have seen of A2 it sure looks like character is much more agile and this whole thing looks more flexible. We'll see.

72 @ Mar. 15 2009,06:16)]I would like being able to stop animations like loading RPG and enemy come up in front of you... BANG your dead because you become retarded during the loading. Would be nice if AA2 is quicker between switching weapons and also being at least able to move slowly when loading RPG etc. So we can side step when the AI show up in front of us.

Alex

Hm ... quickdraw key ?

What about just editing the "rifle-> pistol animation" ? Or we can't edit the lenght of the animation ?

I think it is faster in ARMA2 so its ok. It is the animation that plays out when you load RPG etc that you cannot stop that is the problem. You load a rocket and enemy comes up in your face - your dead. You have to wait for the animation to play out and then switch weapon.

but we probably can move now since we can walk and reload. At least then we can move behind some cover and switch.

Think the problem is solved. smile_o.gif At least partially. But its a big part never the less. Will help big time.

Alex