Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

Question for devs: Gamespy?

No, it's you who clearly has no idea.

First of all if you intended to do no damage it's not called cracking, but hacking.

Second, how can you even compare network administration with ArmA server administration.

A net admin has all sorts of log on his disposal. With ArmA you have one log which 99% of time doesn't contain any relevant data and is paint to work with ("Network message XXXX is pending" spammed a few thousand times).

I thought we were talking about arma2 here... And arma's logs bla bla bla, arma2 is what we are talking about. We need more admin tools for arma2 would have been a better response.

Cracking is for breaking into things, hacking is for changing things. Thats the def i'm used to.

Oh, were we?

Then why are you talking about hacking into people's computers again?

That has nothing to do with ArmA 2. Unless, of course, they work in BIS and have an alpha version of it stored on their PCs...

Oh, were we?

Then why are you talking about hacking into people's computers again?

That has nothing to do with ArmA 2. Unless, of course, they work in BIS and have an alpha version of it stored on their PCs...

What are you talking about? I was relating the story to administration and arma2 future server control.

Would you mind to create a different thread to discuss about the cheat-protection that should get used in ArmA2?

This thread is only about which game search system ArmA2 will use, so that Yoma can implement it in his tools.

Roger that banghead.gif

Great work Yoma, ta

What are you talking about? I was relating the story to administration and arma2 future server control.

You mean comparing apples to oranges?

You know exactly what i'm talking about so don't lead me on to an emotionaly based argument. Feel free to delete our posts admins if they are in the way. If he needs to argue with me he can do it over pm's.

I don't like Gamespy at all... Put in Steam instead, thats a really good tool smile_o.gif

You know exactly what i'm talking about so don't lead me on to an emotionaly based argument. Feel free to delete our posts admins if they are in the way. If he needs to argue with me he can do it over pm's.

I'm actually not that sure.

I didn't know that you're talking about ArmA 2 until you said so after that "bla bla bla" thing.

I do not feel like arguing with you, I'm just merely trying to explain the facts:

You cannot compare network administration to game server administration.

(Apples and oranges)

I'm actually not that sure.

I didn't know that you're talking about ArmA 2 until you said so after that "bla bla bla" thing.

I do not feel like arguing with you, I'm just merely trying to explain the facts:

You cannot compare network administration to game server administration.

(Apples and oranges)

Agree.