Sign in to follow this  
hamis

Spinning radars for airfields

There was such addon for OFP made by mapfact,i think.I placed them with wrptool for airfields.I'd like to see them in arma 2.At least in first patch.

Yeah, the airfields (and the environments in general) in the previous games were very lifeless. I hope they do think of something that's reasonable to make the world feel less deserted. Maybe the radars could be separate vehicles or static objects which would be placed in the world in the right spots upon map load.

I also thought that it would be neat to have an editor option for "populate." In the editor, you can define how many people / cars / civilian airplanes / boats there should be and click "populate." Using settings for the time of day (rush hour or midnight, for example) and the situation in the city (holiday or martial law), there would be a random number of civilians and civilian vehicles. And cars would just run random routes on the roads, like in the game "Lock On Modern Air Combat."

Probably we won't see that until someone capable makes a mod.

I think the Aircraft carrier had a spinning radar.

Are you talking about the "Resistance" campaign? Maybe, since it's technically a vehicle, that was no problem. I can't remember if they had moveable / animated buildings and structures in Operation Flashpoint.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't notice it. Was it in one of the videos that were released?

if you are at a airfield it would be great if you are in the controlroom to see if any planes or helicopters are moving to a position.