Sign in to follow this  
ADuke

Count number of destroyed vehicles

Hello,

I have a mission that has one objective = To destroy AA emplacements on the island/map. Instead of having a list of vehicles for the player to destroy. I would like the player to have to seek out these vehicles (AA trucks) and destroy them. When they are destroyed, instead of an objective completing I would like a message to appear saying "You have destroyed (number) AA emplacements" and then when they are all found and destroyed, the objective would complete and the mission would end. I know how to set up the objectives but what I am having trouble with is the message displaying properly with the correct count of destroyed vehicles, I know it has something to do with the "Format" command.

Any help is appreciated.

1) attach ArmA:_Event_Handlers#Killed to these units

2) make them count the kills in a global variable:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init.sqf

MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = 0;

// KEH code

MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled + 1;

You may have to keep locality and JIP in mind.

OK, so I have:

MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = 0;

In my init.sqf

I also have a trigger with:

Condition =

not alive aa1

On Activation =

MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled + 1

Now how do I get a message to display saying that I have killed 1 AA emplacement?

Nevermind, figured it out, here's my trigger's OnActivation field=

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled + 1; hint format["You have destroyed %1% AA emplacements", mytag_numberofunitskilled]

Nevermind, figured it out, here's my trigger's OnActivation field=

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled = MyTag_numberOfUnitsKilled + 1; hint format["You have destroyed %1% AA emplacements", mytag_numberofunitskilled]

Actually that did'nt work, help please.

try

Quote[/b] ]hint format["You have destroyed %1 AA emplacements", mytag_numberofunitskilled]

try
Quote[/b] ]hint format["You have destroyed %1 AA emplacements", mytag_numberofunitskilled]

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot Q wink_o.gif

On a side note:

Is it possible to have a counter on the briefing screen that will update and display the # of AA emplacements that have been destroyed?

I am thinking about also adding weapon caches as things that need to be destroyed as well and would like to add counters for each type of thing.

Thanks again