Sign in to follow this  
Hobo Sniper

Announcing dmz mod

Hey all you ofp addon makers!

I'm thinking of making a new mod called the DMZ mod...

(if theres already a DMZ mod as of 3/04/2002, plez let me know and i'll change the mod name...MABYE)

Yeah, i'll need the basics, a modeller (though i am one...), a texturer, a webmaster (because i'm too lazy to update sites...) and a story/theme... biggrin.gif

I'm in the develpoment of a MRLS (multiple rocket launching system)...i'll post some pics soon

If you want to help in any way, just reply to this, and i'll give you my email address, to further discuss this...(I check this site trice a day) biggrin.gif

Thanks!

-Hobo Sniper

what exactly is the mod about???

anouther war type?

i think a kewl paintball mod would pwn tounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

sure...why not???!!!

I'm still thinking for a theme, so any suggestions could be helpful... tounge.gif

So in other words, your announcing a mod without having anything but a name?

^^^spam tounge.giftounge.gif

or are you starting a mod just so you have a chance at getting oxygen?

Judgeing from the name of mod ( DMZ ) and nickname of poster i guess it should be another Vietnam style mod but from this what i read here i dont know what is this mod pretend to be. So maybe Hobo Sniper tell us what is he working on and give us some pics of his work  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

BTW Hobo Sniper if you want to make nam style mod please do this in wright way - i mean proper historical research work ,new textures (and models if you will be able to get OXYGEN in your hands)

Check this one and this for pics of my work  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ Mar. 06 2002,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or are you starting a mod just so you have a chance at getting oxygen?<span id='postcolor'>

Well even if he is doing it for that surely it's a better way than whining about not getting the tools? wink.gif

Normally, the theme of DMZ (De-Militarized Zone {like it's demilitarised}] sounds like you're fightin' in just one place, that particular stretch of line. And if I'm not mistaken, DPRK military tactics are to surge in large numbers, the theme would call for all-out war (infiltrations and stuff do happen{more like defections}]. Heck, making DPRK units is one big job, y'know? U sure you're gonna do it?

Actually, I did some reasearch-There is a DMZ (demilitarised Zone-As kaiser is right) in Yugoslavia (my original theme for this Mod). And there were probably not much MLSRs Deployed into the Vietnam or Korean Wars...(correct me if i'm wrong) biggrin.gif

About my work- its on a MRLS (multi-rocket launching system) and I'm still doing it...If you want to see it half-finished.... wink.gif

There where no DMZ in Yugoslavia as that term is outdated.

Nowadays it's called a ZOS, meaning Zone of Separation, 'cause DMZ got a bad ring to it. So it's natural that people link DMZ to Vietnam.

there is a dmz mod but not for this game and its caleld dragon mod z based on the stupid tiem wasting tv show for kiddies you think they can do taht crap.

a modern day korean war mod would be great... and an appropriate place for a mlrs..

plus the ROK forces have all kinds of cool gear..

Daewoo assault rifle anyone?

Yeah...i've heard of a DMZ zone in Korea, it is probably a good idea...As for Nam, i haven't heard of it (better catch up on my history lessons biggrin.gif )

Sure, I'll change the theme to Korean Style Battlefront (if people can join and help me...)

And...another thing, are you guys all Koreans or something?

(not that I have a grudge against them... tounge.gif )

Fenrir, I've searched Google and came up with those matches...they give a bad name to the term DMZ... biggrin.gif

Hobo Sniper there WERE DMZ in Vietnam mad.gif

But if you want make Korean Style mod than good luck with it biggrin.gif  But i have one little question: are you planing to place action in modern timeline or you just want to back in time to 50's huh? I think both themes are interesting. But i rather prefer historical mod from 50's. Yeach - chinese volunteers, corean winter time combat and many countries involved in.

BTW I recomend you watch movie "Field of Honour" (I don't know if I gave proper name of it)

One more time good luck with the mod (if you find any mates to your team)  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

We'll probably have a modern-day Korean War before the years over.

I believe Bush stood on the Korean DMZ about a week or two ago and looked out at N. Korea.