Sign in to follow this  
Jman1000

Is this a bug or do helicopters fly like this?

I've never actually flown a real helicopter, but all I notice is that compared to the original OFP, the helicopters in ArmA are much harder to handle. So either (A) there's a bug or (B) they decided to make the physics more realistic. Which one?

They definitely feel more realistic to me. (and more fun to master)

Whats not so good though, is the auto correction that automatically stabilizes the helicopters in air.

Hi all

ArmA's helicopter physics are better than OFP but they are not yet perfect.

Auto corretion is a tool you can use if you want. Nobody says you have to use it.

Kind Regards walker

I was referring to the auto correction that happens when you fly forward, forcing you to keep hitting the forward key to avoid the helicopter from straightening up on its own, not the auto correction in the action menu.

I don't know how realistic this is, but it sure is a bit annoying smile_o.gif

The fins on the helicopter would cause it to seek a stable pitch through the air. In real life, helicopter rotors are flexible and move somewhat independently of the helicopter body, enabling the rotors to produce forward thrust without causing the whole helicopter to tip forward which would cause drag at high speeds.

helicopter rotor video

I think the helicopters in ArmA are more stable than unstabilized helicopters in real life. They are definitely more realistic than ofps helicopters.

The fins on the helicopter would cause it to seek a stable pitch through the air.  ...

and painfully irritating gameplay wise.