Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Players getting kick out from the server with sign

Ok, I changed the config of the ArmA dedicated server that I'm running in order to use signed mods only (verifysignatures=1) in order to avoid players entering with unauthorized mods. Everything seems to work except for the following problem:

- After setting my server to run with verifysignatures=1, I'm having a problem where some players are being kicked out for no aparent reason (without running unauthorized mods) since they connect to the server without any problems and only get kicked out after that same player being on the server playing for considerable amounts of time (varying from half an hour to a couple of hours).

Like I said the problem doesn't seem to be unauthorized mods or else those players would never be able to connect to the server. Also this problem seems rather random (sometimes the player(s) is(are) kicked after a half an hour, other times after one hour or even two hours) and only happen to a few people (and not always the same ones, but there are some players that seem to always be affected by this problem). After one of those player are kicked out they can reconnect to the server with any problems!

Note that this problem only started to happen once I changed to verifysignatures=0 to verifysignatures=1 (in order to allow signed addons only in the server).

Does someone had the same problem? Does someone knows a solution for this same problem?

Thanks in advance for replies...

Normally, when verifySignatures is on (1) then players get kicked allmost immediately when they connect and don't have the correct addons.

I've never seen players getting kicked during the game because of signatures (afaik the signatures check is only done once when the player connects).

Could you post your server config (server.cfg) ? (remove passwords smile_o.gif)

Is battleye activated ?

Server version (1.14 or 1.15) ?

So far I've only seen this behaviour in 1.14 when battleye was activated (and to be honest I haven't tested battleye with 1.15 yet).

Xeno

Hi Xeno,

Quote[/b] ]Normally, when verifySignatures is on (1) then players get kicked allmost immediately when they connect and don't have the correct addons.

I've never seen players getting kicked during the game because of signatures (afaik the signatures check is only done once when the player connects).

Well it doesn't say that the player is kicked because of the signatures (it simply kicks the player). It probably shouldn't be (at least directly) related to the signatures themselfs (since when there is a problem with unsigned mods present the player is immediatly kicked once connected to the server), but this problem started just after I set verifysignatures=1.

Quote[/b] ]Could you post your server config (server.cfg) ? (remove passwords smile_o.gif)

Here is my server.cfg file:

hostname="PM PT CO-OP Comunidade Portuguesa de Armed Assault";

passwordAdmin = "******"; // password to protect admin access

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

// verifySignatures=0;

voteMissionPlayers=3;

voteThreshold=0.20;

maxPlayers=10;

motdInterval=5;

kickduplicate=0; // do not allow duplicate id

persistent=1; //keeps game server running after players leave 0=off 1=on

//MaxCustomFileSize=350000;

equalModRequired=0;

LogFile="Logfile_Public.log";

BattlEye=0;

checkfile=0; //1=slow 0=default

//onHackedData="kick (_this select 0)"; //auto ban hacked addons

onDifferentData="kick (_this select 0)"; //auto kick modified files

checkfiles[]=

{

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

//Von options

disableVoN=1; //disable=1 on=0

vonCodecQuality=0; //speek codex 1-10 defult 3

verifySignatures=1;

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0);" // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0);" // Hacked data detected

// Message of The day

motd[]=

{

" ### IP: 84.91.72.77 TS included ### ",

" ### http://armedassaultportugal.forumclan.com ### ",

" ### MSN -> comunidade_portuguesa@live.fr ### ",

" ### 96 Kbytes UPLOAD MAX ###",

"Bem vindo! Welcome!Servidor Co-op Portugues. Portuguese Co-op Server",

"Server Intel E7200@2,53GHZ 4GB_DC_DDR2_800RAM 3X750GB DISK",

"Team Speak available to known users",

"Porta-te com juizo! Behave properly",

};

Quote[/b] ]Is battleye activated ?

Nope. (you can check that in the server.cfg)

Quote[/b] ]Server version (1.14 or 1.15) ?

It's version 1.14

If you need more info just ask Xeno. Thanks for looking into my problem.

Tbh i've noticed this too on our public server.

Turn 'verifysignatures' on and all sorts get kicked/banned.

And this is even to clan members with clean/fresh installs.

So i turn it back off.

add regularCheck="{}";

Sig checking does a check during the game. With yellow or red chain it can timeout and they get kicked.  That setting still performs the check, but just tells the server to do nothing if it fails.  Its a security hole but better than everyone being kicked.

BIS increased the time allowed for the regularcheck some patches back but it still kicks because of lag.

Btw, in the next patch the yellow and red chains should reduce a lot since they tweaked the network code, so once thats out try with regularcheck back on.

Will try that right away, Deadly.

Thanks very much for the reply!

(and will report back if this solved the problem)

add regularCheck="{}";

Sig checking does a check during the game. With yellow or red chain it can timeout and they get kicked. *That setting still performs the check, but just tells the server to do nothing if it fails. *Its a security hole but better than everyone being kicked.

BIS increased the time allowed for the regularcheck some patches back but it still kicks because of lag.

Btw, in the next patch the yellow and red chains should reduce a lot since they tweaked the network code, so once thats out try with regularcheck back on.

Why is that a Security Hole?

We have that in our config since ever, but still people get randomized kicked by signature checking timeout.....