Sign in to follow this  
clawhammer

Making an skin

Hello,

At the moment we have thousands of ArmA Soldier skins here, my ask now is how to change the paths form the standart textures to the new ones?

I dont want to put the new textures again an my model in Oxygen, is there an easier way?

Thanks

As far as I know, the only way (and its not exactly time consuming or hard), is to open the model in O2, and use O2's built in 'Mass Texture and Material Renaming' tool. Just go to the 'Tools' tab at the top of the o2 window once you've opened the model and select it. This will open a window where you can repath the textures (and any RVMATs you may or may not want/need to change. Just click on the texture you want to change, this will open the path in the top of the two boxes at the bottom of the window, then simply paste or manually type the new path and texture name into the box below and click rename.

There are easier ways than this. If you need to repath a texture in several files, I use UltraEdit32. You can tell it to "Replace in Files" and point it to the directory which contains your p3ds or rvmats.

Works like a charm, but there are caveats if you're repathing textures of p3ds in ODOL format.