Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

No ping in mp list

Hi all..

me and a couple of friend of mine are trying to set up a dedicated server.. The server works fine. however.

The ping only shows "?" anyone got an idea whats causing this?

ping is allowed on the router. i can use ordenary ping to the ip/host and get respons but ingame it doesnt shows..

any help is appreciated!

Linux oder Windows Server?

Do you have a profile for the server and a proper cfg?

Server is in windows os.. configs are afik correct. is the an option that blocks/allows "icmp" in arma? if so thats weird

Can you ping the server from remote location via commandline ping?

Yoma yes that works. but ingame nogo sad_o.gif

BTW.. we tried to host a game in arma.. it doesnt show ping there aswell.

The server is located behind 2 routers. both routers allow icmp.

can this be the reason we have problems?

Open Windows Firewall, 3rd tab on top "Advanced" then,

In Nerwork Connection Settings open the "Settings" button. a new window should open,

In it go into ICMP tab, then check the tick "allow incoming echo request".

SWAT_BigBear

its not Win XP. the server is running on Vista 64 bit.

tried to follow this guide

http://wiki.phys.ethz.ch/readme....s_vista

but as i said.. the server is behind 2 routers. we can ping the router(s) fine. both internal and remote.

so this is verry strange to us.. is it arma related or some other network issue?

It must be the routers then. Mine works on Vista.

It only needs to be done on the server pc......my Vista pc connects to a W/XP pc thru home networking.

If I uncheck the tick, we see the ?ping.

I have the same problem when running an ArmA dedicated server - no ping just a ? mark.

We have an XP machine behind a router. I have enabled ports 2302 to 2305 for ArmA. The server.cfg is set up, but I am not really certain about the arma.cfg and the profiles as I have left these out of the startup string.

I have tested turning off the XP firewall and that made no difference. Respond to ping is enabled for the router and other game servers that we run do, report a ping back to the clients. So this seems to only be a problem for ArmA.

when i take a closer look on the mp list i see MANY servers are having the same issue. its not a arma config problem. but a network issue.

banghead.gif

im not sure about this but i think port (udp +1) needs to be forwarded to the server on the router.

Yoma. i'll post the ip once my friend gets his butt out of the bed.

he got the server. i have a memory like a gold fish tounge2.gif

WTE_Grendal the profile is optional. its not needed.

Wonder if this issue still is unsolved?

Trying to help a friend to set up a dedicated ArmA 1.14/1.15b server. His host OS is Windows XP SP3 and his firewall is a Monowall.

Required ports are open and forwarded and the firewall is responding to regular pings on the WAN interface.

The ArmA server shows up OK in the server list but as others mentioned here the ping to the server is shown as "?" no matter what we do?

/KC

Just an update!

Seems to be related to his firewall. He just swapped his Monowall against a "standard" Netgear router and now the correct ping is shown in the serverlist instead of a "?".

/KC

Okay, I have having the same issue.  I have a crap load of ports opened and I have Ping enabled (which words from a command line).  Users can see the server in the browser, users can connect, and ArmA in game voice is working.  But no matter what I try I have a ? mark for the ping.  

My hardware is Windows XP SP3 (FW disabled) and a Sonicwall SOHO.

Anyone found a solution (other than swapping hardware)?

FYI - inside my LAN I see a ping the the MP List.  :/

Okay, I have having the same issue.  I have a crap load of ports opened and I have Ping enabled (which words from a command line).  Users can see the server in the browser, users can connect, and ArmA in game voice is working.  But no matter what I try I have a ? mark for the ping.  

My hardware is Windows XP SP3 (FW disabled) and a Sonicwall SOHO.

Anyone found a solution (other than swapping hardware)?

FYI - inside my LAN I see a ping the the MP List.  :/

I know this may sound silly: but are you sure you're testing commandline ping from BEHIND your firewall/router/gateway (from internet side)?

If it works on LAN my guess is it's indeed a configuration problem on your firewall/router that's blocking ICMP packets.

Yep, from http://network-tools.com/ and from clan-mates.

I assume it has to do with my Sonicwall SOHO firewall but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have opened ports on this firewall before for: UT, BF42, BF2, HL/HL2 and did not have this "ping" issue.