Sign in to follow this  
CzingerX

Server Crash's

I got back into Arma after 3 months.  The past 2 days I played on 9 servers,  in which everyone crashed.  Anyone else noticing this?  Don't ever remember it happening this much. Makes me want to take a few more month's off.

Had this with our public server.

But now put it to no mods and has'nt crashed once.  yay.gif

Filter 19th-but the public usually playing Evo-their choice wink_o.gif

If you join a ACE server without running the ACE mod you will CTD!!

This has been tested with me and my clan leader!

If you join a ACE server without running the ACE mod you will CTD!!

This has been tested with me and my clan leader!

Yepp!

And vice versa-join a server not running ACE and you join running ACE and will crash the server most of the time. smile_o.gif

I'm not using the ACE mod or playing on a server that runs it. I know when the server crash's, cause when I boot up ARMA again the server I was just on isn't on the list or is at 0 players. I've seen the beta patch. Hopefully it will fix some of this. It's the only game I play online.

We ran 103 players on Saturday and crashed 2 times running 1.15. We switched back to 1.14 and ran for three hours without any more trouble.

I do not think the issue is netcode, but here is the weird bit: We went from about 15 or 20 FPS to zero and just hung there about 2 minutes then the server crashed we have the bidump and all. Of course we run a mod pack - but I want to point out, we ran 103 or more players for three hours with the mod pack and 1.14. We cannot remove the mods as this would impact the tournament campaign that is underway, so our tests will be impacted by this.

The Saturday previous, we had about 70-75 players on the server for a scrim match to test 1.15's stability. We again went from about 15 FPS to zero, but the server recovered after a huge broken red-chain that lasted several minutes. We have abandoned Linux as our server host is a Windows shop.

We would be happy to share any data. Please feel free to contact me here via PM or visit forums.ic-arma.net and contact us there. We have about 175 or 200 active members of whom at least 100 or so play each week !this is not an advertisement! I just want to get the urgency we feel across, it is not fun to have 100 virtual guns pointed at your head when the server goes *poof*.