Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Lynx AH BETA 1 Pack RELEASED

Guest RKSL-Rock
Great Helos guys, thanks a bunch!

If there is to be an update can I urge/plug for 'beefier' sounds for the GPMG's .. kind of lose them amongst the turbine wail...

Ok I'll take a look at that, but it’s not really that unrealistic. The Lynx does tend to kill all other noise in the immediate area. There is just something about the engine pitch.

Daniel @ Jan. 27 2009,19:00)]Looking forward to an update. Hopefully some work on the volume levels at various distances would be really appreciated.

Different people seem to have different opinions on this... I mean some people can hear it from miles away other cant. Its on the list of things to check but personally I don’t have any problems... but then again I’m on Vista X64 with an Audigy2 Soundblaster. Not exactly the best sound quality anyway the drivers cause no end of problems with OpenAL.

I actually can't hear an airborne Lynx further than about 20m away. Recently had to change some PC internals too, now using VIA HD sound and still got the same issue.

The BIS Blackhawk seems perfect, as with all other choppers.

Do RKSL aircraft use a different/slightly more complex method that isn't coming across on my rig?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Jan. 28 2009,18:27)]I actually can't hear an airborne Lynx further than about 20m away. Recently had to change some PC internals too, now using VIA HD sound and still got the same issue.

The BIS Blackhawk seems perfect, as with all other choppers.

Do RKSL aircraft use a different/slightly more complex method that isn't coming across on my rig?

No, nothing complex about it thats whats surprised me. It should be using the same settings as the BIS aircraft...?

Its either the sound files we're using or somethign has crept into the config from an earlier version I'll add it to the checklist all the same.

Cheers Mr.

Always been a favourite of mine.

Very enjoyable addition.

No doubt an extremely professional addon, but I do think the roll rate is a bit slow, as in real life the Lynx, despite it's looks, is one of the most agile helicopters ever built.

It can do a full 360 degree roll in less than 4 seconds (if not even less), that's about what it takes with the default BIS Cobra.

Maybe this is a needed compromise to achieve a better flight model ?

I've been a passenger twice in the Lynx (with a crazy pilot), and I swear I was weightless.

Guest RKSL-Rock
No doubt an extremely professional addon, but I do think the roll rate is a bit slow, as in real life the Lynx, despite it's looks, is one of the most agile helicopters ever built.

It can do a full 360 degree roll in less than 4 seconds (if not even less), that's about what it takes with the default BIS Cobra.

Maybe this is a needed compromise to achieve a better flight model ?

I've been a passenger twice in the Lynx (with a crazy pilot), and I swear I was weightless.

I've had two emails from actual (at least one I know is 100% genuine) AAC Lynx aircrew in the last month.  Both said that they were surprised by how similar our flight model was to a real Lynx.

The current flight model was the result of extensive MP testing by 9 seperate people. Four of which are actual PPLH or CPLH pilots.  As you guessed it is a compromise for the sake of the community.  The model i would have liked to use proved too much for the "average" player and could not be used properly with either keyboard or mouse. Which would have been inaccurate according to the feedback from the AAC

I'm waiting for a detailed response from the AAC lads with some more specifics before i change anything.