Sign in to follow this  
SnakeATWAR

Mod Support

Seeing that ARMA2 is supposed to be coming on consoles, would it be possible to use mods on them as well. I know that it's possible on PS3, as Unreal allows this, and BI Studios has always supported modders. Any news on this?

I don't own a console so I don't care too much, but from BI's standpoint, adding mod support for the console version (most likely Xbox360) version of Arma 2 would give it an advantage over OFP2, assuming it doesn't allow such changes.

I wonder how long before we here about the console version.

I hope we dont have to wait to long. sad_o.gif

I think officially allowed addons are quite unlikely for consoles.

Companies like MS most like won't like to allow content that possibly crashes consoles to go around.

Also they tend to embrace a $ for everything mindset as in: you can download approved addons x y z but have to shell out.

Because 3d Party stuff (mods, addons) could decrease the performance and lead to instability it is forbidden to use 3d Party stuff on the Xbox 360 i think.

Read your papers that come with the console to see if 3d Party software is allowed at all.

They fear bad press when worse things happen i assume.

Anyways, i`ll stuck to the PC-Platform so i don`t have to worry about Mod Support. wink_o.gif

A good MISSION editor and a FarCry2 system of sharing/downloading (plz Bis, take note of that sharing system) will already be Fabtastic

On mods, well a fully finished quality bug-free mod could be 'handed over' to BIS and go thru certification as DLC ... if paid DLC, some of that money COULD flow back to the mod maker(s)

That could work, if all parties were alligned (modmaker, quality, BIS and M$wink_o.gif

On mods, well a fully finished quality bug-free mod could be 'handed over' to BIS and go thru certification as DLC ... if paid DLC, some of that money COULD flow back to the mod maker(s)

So then the PC users get it for free while the console users pay for it smile_o.gif