Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

View the Satillite Map from the Ground...plus....

On one of my maps, I would like to make it so that from the floor or a house, I can see the Satillite Texture, not the mask generated materials.

Can anybody assist me, i would be very grateful.

Also, Does anyboy know how to include a topographic map into a map, is it config, visitor 3 etc...

Cheers 8)

On one of my maps, I would like to make it so that from the floor or a house, I can see the Satillite Texture, not the mask generated materials.

Can anybody assist me, i would be very grateful.

You need to elaborate on this, not sure what you mean.

lso, Does anyboy know how to include a topographic map into a map, is it config, visitor 3 etc...

Cheers 8)

Not sure about this either, I presume you mean using an additional topo map overlay in the editor same way you view your satmap on the tactical map? If that's the case, I am pretty sure this is not possible (with ArmA).

If you mean getting a topo map extracted from your terrain, ingame press and hold left shift, then press numpad minus, release and write "topography", (quotation marks excluded). Then you'll get a emf image on your C drive root, this can be converted to a more common image format such as jpg with Irfanview

Thanks Opteryx, what I mean was:

Is there a way to change the distance from which my Sat-Map becomes a mask (where you no longer can see the sat details, just the specified material) when in game!

Supposedly these two lines in your config affect that:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">noDetailDist = 40;

fullDetailDist = 5;

I just tried setting both to 0 because I had actually never bothered to mess with this, it didn't seem to set the detail texture rendering distance at my feet.....

Quote[/b] ]f you mean getting a topo map extracted from your terrain, ingame press and hold left shift, then press numpad minus, release and write "topography", (quotation marks excluded). Then you'll get a emf image on your C drive root, this can be converted to a more common image format such as jpg with Irfanview

It says something about 'topography' in the top left corner, but I check my C:\ and I cant find the map.

You may have to view the ingame map while you do it.

From the Biki:

Quote[/b] ]TOPOGRAPHY

Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game.