Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Question that I would like to see in Interviews!

Well, I've seen "tons" of previews and interviews about ArmA2 but basically all of those previews and specially the interviews speaks about the same things/features.

I really would like to see a preview or an interview speaking about the improvements made in the vehicles of ArmA2 compared to ArmA, specially in the helicopters/fixed-wing aircraft and tanks. I would like to know if for example the attack helicopters and tanks will finally have a termal vision optics and targetting systems? I would like to know if it's possible to disable that "stupid vertical" radar (present in OFP and ArmA) and locking enemy targets with a FLIR/Targetting Camera similary how it happens in real life (instead of using the "TAB" key)? I would like to know if aircraft like the F-35 have a more realistic looking radar where it displays the targets in a "horizontal situation" instead in a "vertical situation" (like currently happens in OFP and ArmA)?

I would also like to know if the aircraft in ArmA2 have improvements in their flight models like for example if the fixed-wing aircraft will have analog throttle control?

Really, these are the kind of questions that I would like to see answered, even more than the others about campaign, etc... that we already know of...

I Would guess a "no" to all of these questions(since they probably would have told us about it otherwise.)

A 3d cockpit FLIR like in lock-on is probably out of the question due to double rendering causing a (massive) performance hit (same reason we have 2d magnifying scopes).

But perhaps a switchable FLIR view like KA-50's gun-view (?) might be doable.

Anything to prevent the instant lock on vehicles really... I would suffice with a target lock timer and some advantages to those who are "well hidden" ie in a forrest or city or so.

But analogue throttle, Yes please! That oughta be doable and an absolute improvement. No pun intended.

But perhaps a switchable FLIR view like KA-50's gun-view (?) might be doable.

I would be happy with that! I really want to see besides the FLIR, a lock system where you (the gunner) must manually aim the crosshair into the target, press a key (like for example the right mouse button) and the target or the spot on the ground (in case there no target where the crosshair aims) become locked. This would not only make aircraft/Laser/IR weapons operations more realistic but would allow to for example engage infantry with Hellfire missile (which is realistic but currently impossible in ArmA).

For example, even yesterday I was playing ArmA with my friends and in one occasion I was operating a Javelin missile where I CLEARLY saw an enemy M-113 but for some supid reason (I suspect that it was because the M-113 was near some trees) the M-113 couldn't be locked (where again I could clearly see it!! ). If the Javelin operated in the manner that I just described above (which is way more realistic) I would have engaged that M-113 with my Javelin without any problems.

I wish that BIS takes a look into this even because from what I read about Operation Flashpoint 2 (ArmA2 competitor) it seems that Javelin and FLIR operations will be very realistic (or at least that's what OFP2 devs are aiming for).

Anyway, I would like to see someone from Gamespot, Armaholic, etc... to place those questions above to BIS developers. Or that BIS developers answer directly to those question here.

I haven't really heard anything about net code or "multiplayer" code being fixed. It is really horrible in arma. You could have 5 players playing and have red chains constantly, EVEN WITH GOOD PING. I think this is a drastic area that needs fixing. I hope ArmA2 has this problem fixed.

I haven't really heard anything about net code or "multiplayer" code being fixed. It is really horrible in arma. You could have 5 players playing and have red chains constantly, EVEN WITH GOOD PING. I think this is a drastic area that needs fixing. I hope ArmA2 has this problem fixed.

Badly coded missions will end up in constant red chain.

AFAIK the game for 5 people on a decent server and a mission not riddled with heavy scripts/triggers, etc... won't get you through any issue.

Ofc it's not the best, but I wouldn't call that "horrible".