Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Wittman

Full SLI / Crossfire Support

I think the topic explains itself... I red that the game will run smooth on med-range GPUs but what about of the people with big rigs? I mean...I currently have a 9800 GX2 and ARMA goes fine...but I think I´m getting another one this Xmas... Quad SLI inlove.gifpistols.gif

I would like to play with 7.500m of viewdistante and a smooth performance (say 40-60 fps).

Will ARMA II use DX10?

Any info will be very apretiated xmas_o.gif

ArmA 2 won't use dx 10. I also hope that they will support crossfire / sli, and crossfire / sli will support them.

God I hope it has crossfire support. The 'AFR_friendly D3D' work-around was frustrating with it's flicker and white-out problem, but tantalising as it was brilliant when it did actually work. I doubt AMD or NVIDIA will support though as ARMA is not a major release. Does anyone know how many people bought the game worldwide?

God I hope it has crossfire support.  The 'AFR_friendly D3D' work-around was frustrating with it's flicker and white-out problem, but tantalising as it was brilliant when it did actually work.  I doubt AMD or NVIDIA will support though as ARMA is not a major release.  Does anyone know how many people bought the game worldwide?

AFAIK, at least with crossfire, the optimizations and support are all native to do with drivers. Provided that ArmA can be supported by crossfire, if AMD.ATI don't release driver information for them, you'll be running it using AFRfriendlyD3D at any rate, with imperfect results. Otherwise crossfire won't recognize arma2.exe and load the proper settings for it.

I have not read anything about crossfire or SLI in ArmA II, but i know there is no direct X 10. Currently i have SLI 2 8800GTX's but i can not use in ArmA because i get this flickering white screen. Would be nice to acually use my SLI in ArmA II.

"AFR_friendly D3D.exe", is just plain bad with ARMA on my CFX and GX2... "Fear.exe" is way better, and with vsync, no flicker during play but you can get some when setting options ect, and coming back to play. The Devs can code for multiGPU setups and then there is no need for ATI or NVDA to make a profile... but if they dont then ATI and NVDA need to have profile, and or we have to tweak it..

Cheers for the info.

will wait till it comes out and some bod says yes or no before I upgrade this time.

I could be pretty dissapointing if a game so hardware demanding doesnt come with full support for high-end GPUs... confused_o.gif

I have tried to do some research and see if i can find anything about this. Sadly i could not find anything. However i would think ArmA II would be more compatiable than ArmA.

I could be pretty dissapointing if a game so hardware demanding doesnt come with full support for high-end GPUs... confused_o.gif

I don't know if it's a support thing or if it's a being supported thing.

I don't know if it's a support thing or if it's a being supported thing.

Sadly its all about money wink_o.gif

Yup!

I guess general society's flashy, instant-hit mentality means that games of this magnitude, with long, steep learning curves, just don't sell enough units for NVIDIA or AMD/ATI to bother about them. When was the last time you saw 2 people playing chess? See what I mean? We are a rare and dying breed, us who quest for the long term goals... wink_o.gif