Sign in to follow this  
sudayev

Resistance campaign error

I'm having some problems with resistance campaign (dunno why). After the mission "Scrap" game crashes with critical error "Cannot load texture" or crashes to desktop without any message. I tried to get over it by restarting my campaign progress and playing vanilla but I get the same problem. What may be wrong. I have never experienced such an error so far in my flashpoint.

It sounds like it may be your graphics card? Or is it your memory? Do you know what kind of graphics card you have and memory?

Sounds like a graphic issue, perhaps.

As you say you have the same problem in vanilla, it may not be a mod, so have you installed a sky pack , a smoke/fire pack or anything else that is touching the Data.pbo or Data3D.pbo in any ways ?

If yes, chances are that whatever has been installed created the problem in the default Data.pbo or /and Data3D.pbo. In such case, unless you have back up of those original files, i am afraid a reinstall is the only solution.

If you have installed no such thing, after you have the CTD or the error, give a look to the Flashpoint.rpt file that will be created in your OFP directory, it is a text file and hopefully could give a better indication of what is wrong.

Quote[/b] ]As you say you have the same problem in vanilla, it may not be a mod, so have you installed a sky pack , a smoke/fire pack or anything else that is touching the Data.pbo or Data3D.pbo in any ways ?

I have almost every mod that has been released installed on my machine plus myhisky skypack. It could be that ofp directory is pretty messed up at this moment. It seems reinstallation is the best solution, it helped me several times in the past so ...

I managed to get past the moment I've been stuck in my resistance campaign. I used endmission cheat during the "Scrap" mission and instead getting ctd ... everything was allright this time. The game crashed two missions later due to possible graphics card overheat.

I run ofp on computer where GF 7600 with passive cooling is installed. Sometimes during the ofp sessions card overheats like an old furnace. So after the crash I checked temperature on gpu and there was 110C. Thats starange because I run new stuff like X3 Terran Conflict on it too and card does not overheat. When things go pretty hard on mini battlefield multiplayer games,, this graphic card catches 110C pretty damn fast and I have to use my desk fan to cool it down. That's how good, ole ofp warms things up wink_o.gif

I run ofp on computer where GF 7600 with passive cooling is installed. Sometimes during the ofp sessions card overheats like an old furnace. So after the crash I checked temperature on gpu and there was 110C. Thats starange because I run new stuff like X3 Terran Conflict on it too and card does not overheat. When things go pretty hard on mini battlefield multiplayer games,, this graphic card catches 110C pretty damn fast and I have to use my desk fan to cool it down. That's how good, ole ofp warms things up wink_o.gif

A big problem with the majority of the OFP addons is that they are bad technically : most of the models are using way too many textures that are doing not really good things to video memory.

I remember Macser told me long time ago to get me using as less different textures files as possible for a model, when i was starting my project how much he realised it was a problem when he downloaded one of the high res trucks addon (i don't remember who made them) , it was extremely detailled but very painfull for the framerate even if only 1 was present in the view.

To test, he merged the numerous textures into a single one, and ... no more performance problems.

Unfortunately, this kind of discovery came rather late in OFP life and so very few addons maker actually made their addons without using tons of textures and merging them resulting into fewer ones.

Thanks for the hlep Santuary. Sudayev just mentioned he had problems with texture in the scrap mission in the OFP resistance.

I didn't think that they could of had another MOD used for it.

But as Sudayev said, the OFP directory could of was messed up.

When it comes to understanding hardware for PC's, I know little of it's functionality.  smile_o.gif .