Sign in to follow this  
nuggetz

Adding AI group to MP mission?

What would be the most simplest way to take a MP coop mission and add support for AI? I like this mission I downloaded but I'm all alone. I dont want anything fancy, just a way to have a group of maybe 6 AI to join me in taking down the towns. Seems it would be easy to implement but I haven't the slightest idea on how to do it. Can someone help?

May I ask which mission?

If you want to modify the mission itself, unPbo the <mission name>.pbo

you can download useful tools here:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

Scroll down a bit to:

ArmA Tools

If you make your own mission, just add some units and drag the "group" thingy to your soldier.

Read:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

It'll give you a basic understanding of the tool, else read the stickied topics in this very forum.

I hope this get you started.

Oh and btw: notworthy.gif Kegetys

Mission is Domination mission that came with the XAM 1.5 mod. So, if I unpbo it, load up mission.sqm in the editor, drop in a team and link them to me and save it I should be all set?

Mission is Domination mission that came with the XAM 1.5 mod. So, if I unpbo it, load up mission.sqm in the editor, drop in a team and link them to me and save it I should be all set?

pretty much yes smile_o.gif

Dunno what Domination is or how it works, but I think that'll do the trick.

Im not sure if it will work. Domination has a lot too it with respawns and stuff but I would think they would stick with you until you die at least.

Im not sure if it will work. Domination has a lot too it with respawns and stuff but I would think they would stick with you until you die at least.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. If I die and respawn, they should still be around somewhere. If they die, then I'm sure they wouldn't respawn.

If I die and respawn, they should still be around somewhere.

If you die and respawn they should still be under your command.

If they die, then I'm sure they wouldn't respawn.

That's "scriptable" *cough* biggrin_o.gif

You know there's a Domination AI version with the original Domination mission pack. In it you can "recruit" up to 8 AI-soldiers at the airport. It shouldn't be too hard to include this feature in XAM-version too. Better ask _Xeno_ about it.