Sign in to follow this  
FallujahMedic -FM-

Blender to O2

So, I've been toying around with Blender for a few weeks now and I'm blown away by how user friendly it is. I'm far from an expert, more like not so new noob (lol). My point is that it is much easier to make 3d models in Blender than O2 and they can be imported into O2 as 3ds.

Has anyone else tried this? I have a few designs that i've been working on (not wholly of my own design, but also not copyrighted) and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I just wish there was an easier way to texture (like paint on textures) and an easier way to set Geo lod, etc.

when i released that lwo2p3dm tool I think I tested it with blender... honestly so long ago I've forgotten tbh...

You, need the plugin script for blender that allows you to save out .lwo files... then just use lwo2p3dm to convert it to a p3dm.p3d.

remember, tri's & quad's only and it should transfer all your texture mappings, named selections, uv's etc. all in one go.

It's better than pissing around with .3ds import to O2PE...

Although, you could also use the export to .obj method in Blender and import to O2PE but there are flaws in that process also.

good luck...

remember, tri's & quad's only and it should transfer all your texture mappings, uv's etc. better than importing a .3ds to O2.

If you do it properly you can achieve the same thing with 3ds smile_o.gif

I friend of mine made some things with Blender, and always him export their model to .obj and then import with O2 and saved on .p3d