Sign in to follow this  
FriZY_SK

multiple MG/plane behaviour

Yes i am absolutely sure that i fired bullets. I saw exposions if i hit something.

I used RHS model, RHS texture and RHS cfgammo but it works with same issue.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you could try replace your bullet class temporarily with some BIS rocket class and shoot those out of the gun. If you see them, you have something wrong in your bullet class

Yes i must find out where is problem this way.

I honestly think the only way you are going to get the 'effect' that you are after is to use the machines gunes on the wings.

And then use th rockets as the connon theu the prop.

You will have to resize the standard BIS FFAR and rename it it etc and increase the weapon count/fire rate, but at least you will get exactly what you want.

No other way round it I'm afraid, you are at the limit of what the arma engine can do.

Southy

Today i have tried modify FFAR but without success. I cannot  modify model of tracer (bullet). that model = "\FFS_bf109\FFS_15mm"; doesnt works.

If somebody know how works parameter | model = "....." |in cfgAmmo plz let me know

That will be very fun if i define model of car than i will shoot from my gun CARS. biggrin_o.gif LOL !!! ... but it doesnt works this way.

If i define simulation="shotBullet"; than i shoot from memorypointgun bullets not from memoryPointRocket.

if somebody tried modified cfgAmmo with success (FFAR >>> bullet) plz could u paste it there???  help.gif

You can't see the tracer round/new model because arma won't show ultra high speed projectiles. It will show slow moving projectiles like grenades, but things like tank rounds won't display. This wasn't the case in ofp if I remember correctly. sux.

hey Sakura-chan smile_o.gif

how are you. Send me a mail again once you have time. xmas_o.gif

Sickboy's tracer addon has a tracer for sabot rounds as well.

Not sure if the tracer is as fast as the actual round though.

Yo Q! Actually tracer scripts don't use a moving tracer model, rather they quickly position a tracer model by constantly getting the round's position.

Yeah. You are right. It was a misunderstanding. smile_o.gif

It is possible this way at least.

Hey Frizy. Did you get your system working?

I used some time to think the muzzle flash problem for multiple gun types (I think this was your problem?). I got it working so that I have them in all 4 MGs and one cannon and when you fire one type it is shown only for the correct gun(s).

And it needs no rockets.

But if you got it working I can save my breath. smile_o.gif

Hey Frizy. Did you get your system working?

I used some time to think the muzzle flash problem for multiple gun types (I think this was your problem?). I got it working so that I have them in all 4 MGs and one cannon and when you fire one type it is shown only for the correct gun(s).

And it needs no rockets.

But if you got it working I can save my breath.  smile_o.gif

No i didnt.  sad_o.gif

I tried eveything but i really dont know how.I was disapointed and I rather worked on desert texture.http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=3075

you are dabhand notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

could u please describe how u get working 4 MGs + 1 cannon and correct muzzle flash?huh.gif plz  help.gif  help.gif

Ok, I list all what I did. Hopefully I remember everything...

Requirements:

- You have both MGs and cannon classed as Mgs/cannons (not rockets)

1) add the zasleh proxy for each and all guns (both MG and the cannon) ("\ca\weapons\zasleh1_proxy")

2) Group all of them and name them together as "zasleh". This far it is same as compared to 1 gun case.

3) Group the MG proxys only and name the selection as "zasleh_mg" or something like that.

4) Same as 3 for the cannon and name it e.g. "zasleh_cannon".

5) List the "zasleh_mg" and "zasleh_cannon" in the skeleton bones. And "zasleh" in the named sections in model.

6) Make animation (in the model/animations)...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class zasleh_mg

{

type = "translationZ";

sourceAddress = "clamp";

source = "user";

selection = "zasleh_mg";

memory = 0;

axis = "";

minValue = 0;

maxValue = 1.5;

offset0 = 0;

offset1 = 1.5;

};

class zasleh_cannon : zasleh_mg

{

selection = "zasleh_cannon";

};

7) Add following kind of entries into the Vehicle class

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class AnimationSources

{

class zasleh_mg

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 0.0001;

initPhase=0;

};

class zasleh_cannon

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 0.0001;

initPhase=1;

};

};

8) Use the old familiar script (this is in sqf so that normal people can read it)...

_unit = _this select 0;

_gun = _this select 1;

if(_gun == "Browning_M53x4") then {

_ammoCount = _unit ammo _gun;

_bullet = nearestObject [_unit, _this select 4];

if( !(isNull _bullet) ) then {

_n = (_ammoCount mod 4);

_offset = [0,0,0];

switch ( _n ) do {

case 0: { _offset = [ 0.190, 3.2, 0.398]; };

case 1: { _offset = [-0.190, 3.2, 0.398]; };

case 2: { _offset = [ 0.110, 3.2, 0.528]; };

case 3: { _offset = [-0.110, 3.2, 0.528]; };

};

_wpos = _unit modelToWorld _offset;

_bullet setpos _wpos;

};

_unit animate ["zasleh_mg",1.5];

_unit animate ["zasleh_cannon",0];

} else {

_unit animate ["zasleh_cannon",1.5];

_unit animate ["zasleh_mg",0];

};

Need to add this to the event handlers naturally...

fired = "_this execVM ""\Aqu_p38\script\fired.sqf""";

9) This works so that it hides the not used flashes inside the fuselage and brings the used ones back to the normal place. So fine tuning is required that the unused ones are totally hidden. The direction and how much you need to move them is shown in the the animations (in my case 1.5m in Z direction) and the distance also in the script (the animate command).

Ok, it is bit hacky, but works and imho lot less hacky than some rocket doadahicky. Also bullets are bullets under the same base class. Not rockets which would violate one of the fundamental principles of object programming.

So i tried it like u described. That is good idea with animated muzzle flash  Its work great!!! Thanks u Aqu.

... but this dont resolve my problem with multiple guns.

MG 151 Cannon works good (1xtracer / from memoryPointGun)but when i shoot from

MG 17 than bullets went from both MG barrels and from cannon. That looks that shoots from MGs and cannon at same time (3xtracers / from memoryPointGun and offsets case 0 ,1)

_unit = _this select 0;

_gun = _this select 1;

if(_gun == "FFS_7_92mmGun") then {

_ammoCount = _unit ammo _gun;

_bullet = nearestObject [_unit, _this select 4];

if( !(isNull _bullet) ) then {

_n = (_ammoCount mod 2);

_offset = [0,0,0];

switch ( _n ) do {

case 0: { _offset = [ 0.2, 3.3, 0.53]; };

case 1: { _offset = [-0.2, 3.3, 0.53]; };

};

_wpos = _unit modelToWorld _offset;

_bullet setpos _wpos;

};

_unit animate ["zasleh_mg",0.5];

_unit animate ["zasleh_cannon",0];

} else {

_unit animate ["zasleh_cannon",1.5];

_unit animate ["zasleh_mg",0];

};

Do u have a same issue with this???

Now that you said....yes. I think it is that the script cannot catch the bullet fast enough when it is fired and it seems to fly c. 10m for me. After that the tracer disappears from the centerline (where the cannon is). I guess that's when the script moves it into one of the MG lines.

I don't think there is a way to fix that, but at least I cannot see it from the cockpit and even from outside I have to look really closely. confused_o.gif

Hmmmm

you are right. Now i know how it works. I dont understood why i still shooted from memoryPointGun. Cause of this is that script works little bit slower than tracer. This only appears about as i shoot from 3 MG barrels. We talking about that 1 month rofl.gif When i moved memorypointgun 15m behind plane than i dont saw 3 tracers but only 2.(3th was behind and than disappear)

So i have multiple guns and muzzle flashs as well. Its works best we can do. (i think so  smile_o.gif )

Thanks aqu and all who help me.  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Best regards FriZY