Sign in to follow this  
Viper169th

Viper Artillery

Hi Kremator,

Everything working ok with the update?

I wasn't sure about the alien addon seems to auto load even if your not using that I'll fix that in the next update when I get the spot round working.

Thanks,

Viper

Hey mate, great addon, I love it. Is there any possibility to make that MP compatible?

Spot rounds and adjusting fire via action menu i.e. "add 50m" etc would be awesome. Looking forward to another update, well done so far!

PS: I made some new radio sounds for this addon, download here and use it, if you want. http://rapidshare.de/files/40808909/Sounds.rar.html smile_o.gif

Hey mate, great addon, I love it. Is there any possibility to make that MP compatible?

Spot rounds and adjusting fire via action menu i.e. "add 50m" etc would be awesome. Looking forward to another update, well done so far!

HI vo.2,

I'll add the sounds in the next update  xmas_o.gif  

I used att natural voice because I was doing this alone and had no help at the time Thank you for the voice overs  smile_o.gif

btw  as you can tell I tried to make an adjust fire via action menu it moved the marker but units would not target the new position thats why I dropped it out for now didn't want to hold the addon on up because of that ...my time is limited to how much I can work on this home life ect.... have to make the wife happy wink_o.gif

Thanks for your hard work on voices,

Viper

Viper I think youve done a great job with this addon. One thing I might suggest. The delay on the DPICM round between when the airburst occurs and when the rounds onthe ground explode I think is too long. The distance to altitude is not that great and I would think the explosions on the ground should be milliseconds after the airburst. Just a suggestion. Great job on this.

I'll add the sounds in the next update  xmas_o.gif  

I used att natural voice because I was doing this alone and had no help at the time Thank you for the voice overs  smile_o.gif

Viper,

Although vo.2 has done a good job there is too much crackle and other mic sounds for me to like. A plainer version would suit much better.

Your natural voice was fine ... it just needed a little more work to make it perfect (more manly!wink_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Hi guys,

I'll check into the dpicm to see what the actual military specs are and in use problem being the delay was so the script didn't eat your cpu up LOL your spawning 48 grenades in .75 secs X how many rounds are going off that could be 210 grenades a sec I'll check into though maybe knock 1/2 sec off between the blast and grenades hitting the ground

I'm checking with vo.2 to see if he can make a cleaner version less static noticed a few hard to hear what was being said. I haven't had much time to play with it. I did like the mic click and voice was good just needed less static. I'll see if he'll do another one to d/l and test

Sincerely,

Viper

Viper I think youve done a great job with this addon. One thing I might suggest. The delay on the DPICM round between when the airburst occurs and when the rounds onthe ground explode I think is too long. The distance to altitude is not that great and I would think the explosions on the ground should be milliseconds after the airburst. Just a suggestion. Great job on this.

check this link out smile_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya_BX4ABqhA

this was all I had to go by when making this round besides the specs but they didn't go into to much detail anyone that use to see or use this round can give me advise on how to maker it better I would appreciate it. The video only shows the ground hit I was using an estimate on the burst and delay

Thanks everyone,

Viper

P.S.

thanks everyone for your comments I put alot of time into this the last month around 70hrs a week testing and retooling all the rounds, units etc....

P.S.

thanks everyone for your comments I put alot of time into this the last month around 70hrs a week testing and retooling all the rounds, units etc....

Viper,

It shows mate ..... keep up the good work. We need a good arty mod in this game. We already have people like the GOD Mandoble doing wonders with bombs and missiles, eble (Southy), Gnat, vilas and Rocket releasing wonderfly aircraft and vehicles, and other wonderful talent etc etc (far too many to mention!wink_o.gif

This game has recently become amazing with all the AI improvements as well (good work Tony, VictorFarbau and ECS).

You are in good company.

As for my talent - I blow things up smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

check this link out smile_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya_BX4ABqhA

this was all I had to go by when making this round besides the specs but they didn't go into to much detail anyone that use to see or use this round can give me advise on how to maker it better I would appreciate it. The video only shows the ground hit I was using an estimate on the burst and delay

Thanks everyone,

Viper

P.S.

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear. The ground bursts are ok. Its the delay between the airburst and the ground burst seems long.

Hi everyone,

I will have an update in the next few days. Vo.2 has reworked the voiceovers and I have the D30 and M119 with a spot round you'll just have to Name the leader VM119 or VD30

sorry only way I could get the leaders to fire. I tried every leader command in the wiki LOL it will do the chat but not actually fire  icon_rolleyes.gif . I figured till I can iron it out that was the best remedy. anyone have a video of an actual spot round going off so I can make it close as possible? right now I'm just using a single HE round.

BTW

gunterlund I reworked the DPICM they now follow the initial blast about 3/4 a sec

Thanks everyone,

Viper

I get this when i try to start the mission from v1.3...

artillerymx3.jpg

I have no idea what "zabrak" is...

Any solutions?

Open the mission.sqm and delete "zabrak" from required addons. smile_o.gif

Hi Everyone,

I just updated Viper Artillery to  ver1.4 , I also fixed the template so no more errors sorry about that guys.

Please read the Readme in the folder or on the front pages for changes I think most of you will like them  wink_o.gif

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S. link is on the front page

Hi Everyone,

I'll be updating in the next day or two if you find any bugs let me know. snoop saved me again the next update you'll no longer need to assign the leader the script will do it automatically and I'm adjusting where weapon select is the second option in the menu.

Thank you all,

Viper

P.S. I appreciate all comments good and bad  wink_o.gif  if I don't know whats broke I can't fix it.

Hi Everyone,

I just updated to Viper Artillery version 1.5.

snoops helped me with Leader and improved the DPICM round bomblets they are more powerful but less of a ranged takes a more direct hit to cause more damage. I also added spot rounds to every Artillery piece now.

Please read the readme for more info and on the front page

Thanks everyone,

Viper

P.S. this will be my last update for awhile I hope you all enjoy the addon as always any bugs let me know and I'll fix them asap.  smile_o.gif

HI Everyone,

I deleted version 1.5 because of different issues I ran into sad_o.gif I'm releasing version 1.6 with everything I ran across fixed + I fixed the round issue It's ready go to the front page to Download and read the front page or readme for change

Thanks Every,

Viper

xmas_o.gif

HAVE FUN!!